Transfers with IU Interest

40 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This is hilarious coming from a Rupp Rafters poster:

"Ledlum is in for a culture shock next season. He will go from the ivy covered walls on campus at Harvard to orange clad Clem with his pet pig beside him in the stands. Oops, sorry but that's his sister or his wife. Or both."

Reminds me of the definition of Hillbillies:  Answer: People who live in the next county

GIF Tournament III: No. 8 'Joe Morgan' vs. No. 9 'Kentucky Fan' - SBNation.com

Clem is enjoying the game...

image.gif.b2258235c3189a41865f874b444d11fe.gif

Edited by FKIM01
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I wouldn’t mind Frederick as a bench shooter. IU needs proven shooting and 3 more players. Not all 3 will start. 

First two years shooting 40 plus from three and a good free throw shooter. I wouldn’t say he’s a “great” option. But not knowing what else we are in on, we could do worse. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, iuswingman said:

Tennessee just told him they don't have room anymore...

Don't tell our resident sky is falling posters :)

Yeah, no. I am far from sky is falling but reality is tough for many.

IU needs time to build back to compete head to head and needs the Big Ten to get it together with play style, we need better facilities, etc. right now, schools like Tenn and Ark have more to offer.  Tough pill to swallow for some. 

14 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

First two years shooting 40 plus from three and a good free throw shooter. I wouldn’t say he’s a “great” option. But not knowing what else we are in on, we could do worse. 

My issue is I think fans are quick to give up. There are better options and we will land them

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

Yeah, no. I am far from sky is falling but reality is tough for many.

IU needs time to build back to compete head to head and needs the Big Ten to get it together with play style, we need better facilities, etc. right now, schools like Tenn and Ark have more to offer.  Tough pill to swallow for some. 

You keep saying facilities, but we just renovated in 2022, and everything I've read says that IUs basketball practice facility, weight room, and living facilities are all top 15 in the country... 

So what is it IU needs to upgrade? 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

My issue is I think fans are quick to give up. There are better options and we will land them

Like I said. We could do worse. Do I think he’s a slam dunk. No. But knowing nobody else we are looking at/talking to. He’s a good shooter, veteran, and played good at Iowa given his minutes there. I’m sure there’s players better than him and since I have no control over it, it isn’t giving up. It’s an opinion based on the knowledge I have from here. That’s it. I hope we do better. But don’t wanna be rushing to fill spots with what we don’t need. At least he fills a big shooting need if it happens. 

• Like 1

There's a lot of discussion on here about facilities and how we stack up against other programs (UT, Arkansas, etc.)... I'm reading account after account of how all these other schools run laps around IU.

For those of you in Bloomington/around the program/in the know, what are definable and comparable elements, and how do they stack up against their competition? Are we really that far behind?

Here are the elements that I see:

- Training / Practice facilities / Weight Rooms

- Locker rooms and player's lounges

- Living quarters / athlete apartments

- Nutrition & Food (I saw someone bring this up; not sure how behind the curve IU is here)

- NIL

- Exposure (we certainly have that with the B1G TV deals)

- Academics - solid; I would love to see us rise in the overall rankings

- Alumni support - non-NBA or post-professional connections and opportunities

- Bloomington itself -- not just the bar/restaurant scene, but the social dynamics.

Anything else, coaching staff aside, that I'm missing?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You keep saying facilities, but we just renovated in 2022, and everything I've read says that IUs basketball practice facility, weight room, and living facilities are all top 15 in the country... 

So what is it IU needs to upgrade? 

You would be correct. Facilities aren’t the problem…furthest from it, actually. Now 20 years ago when we made the title game…those were bad facilities but the locker room at least had a snow cone machine 😂.

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

You would be correct. Facilities aren’t the problem…furthest from it, actually. Now 20 years ago when we made the title game…those were bad facilities but the locker room at least had a snow cone machine 😂.

From what I have seen the players apartments look great.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Ok, you can all believe what you want. That renovation was to get them to where schools were years ago.

Go on a tour of the IU facilities (like a recruit would) and all the athlete areas and then go to a SEC school like Tenn or Alabama. It is pointless it try and go through it because it is clear everyone here knows our facilities are elite. 

29 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

There's a lot of discussion on here about facilities and how we stack up against other programs (UT, Arkansas, etc.)... I'm reading account after account of how all these other schools run laps around IU.

For those of you in Bloomington/around the program/in the know, what are definable and comparable elements, and how do they stack up against their competition? Are we really that far behind?

Here are the elements that I see:

- Training / Practice facilities / Weight Rooms

- Locker rooms and player's lounges

- Living quarters / athlete apartments

- Nutrition & Food (I saw someone bring this up; not sure how behind the curve IU is here)

- NIL

- Exposure (we certainly have that with the B1G TV deals)

- Academics - solid; I would love to see us rise in the overall rankings

- Alumni support - non-NBA or post-professional connections and opportunities

- Bloomington itself -- not just the bar/restaurant scene, but the social dynamics.

Anything else, coaching staff aside, that I'm missing?

It is not about those who live in Bloomington or around the program. It looks great until you go to these other places. 

The other thing you are missing is campus life. I know again, people are bias and that is the issue with accepting this. Winning football team and all that comes with it matters. 

This current group is playing catch-up when all that big ten money was spent on other things. 

2 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

Ok, you can all believe what you want. That renovation was to get them to where schools were years ago.

Go on a tour of the IU facilities (like a recruit would) and all the athlete areas and then go to a SEC school like Tenn or Alabama. It is pointless it try and go through it because it is clear everyone here knows our facilities are elite. 

Look, I wasn't being a smartass... It was an honest question...

But I've seen plenty of facility rankings, and IU's come out looking pretty good from what I've seen...

You don't need to get defensive because you get questioned... Questions and answers are the basis of communication... Especially on an internet forum... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Initial79 said:

It is not about those who live in Bloomington or around the program. It looks great until you go to these other places. 

The other thing you are missing is campus life. I know again, people are bias and that is the issue with accepting this. Winning football team and all that comes with it matters. 

This current group is playing catch-up when all that big ten money was spent on other things. 

IU is always rated as one of the best college towns in the country. So how many facilities have you seen in person.  They might not be better but they aren't far off enough to make a huge difference.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

So you are saying IU did a half a$$ job like 4 years ago when they renovated locker rooms, cook and assembly hall? The players dorms look like luxury apartments. I’m sure say Alabama football has nicer but I find it hard to believe after all that was done we arent top 10%. What did we do…use 90s decor so we are still outdated?

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

So you are saying IU did a half a$$ job like 4 years ago when they renovated locker rooms, cook and assembly hall? The players dorms look like luxury apartments. I’m sure say Alabama football has nicer but I find it hard to believe after all that was done we are top 10%.

IU’s facilities are SO much better than they were.

IU’s faculties are far from among the top facilities in the country.

Edited by BADGERVOL
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

IU is always rated as one of the best college towns in the country. So how many facilities have you seen in person.  They might not be better but they aren't far off enough to make a huge difference.

Man, again, this is a no win with the faithful. They are not even that close. I have been on plenty.

also, best college town is not best in athlete eyes. Very different. 

This article details the top facilities. IU not even top 25. Yes, this article is about football but that is what drives better facilities and they all reap the rewards. You know what the IU pitch is to recruits. “Here at IU we all share the facilities across sports. Our leadership is big on that”

Meanwhile these school build whole cities for each sport. Here at Clemson we have these 20 buildings for just you and the team. Is that overkill, yeah but it makes impacts on recruits. When you can’t beat them on the court, conference is worse style, etc. it adds up. 

but… we have history 🤷‍♂️

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-footballs-25-best-facilities-in-2022-ranked-182436036/#182436036_19

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just looked at 3 rankings of college towns and all had IU rated well ahead of either UT and Arkansas. One had IU as #2 because it was talking about night life and the amount of bars in the area 

Edited by IU Scott
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Look, I wasn't being a smartass... It was an honest question...

But I've seen plenty of facility rankings, and IU's come out looking pretty good from what I've seen...

You don't need to get defensive because you get questioned... Questions and answers are the basis of communication... Especially on an internet forum... 

that was 100% my bad. It had rapid fire coming from it and already fended this off earlier. Sorry to take it that way. 

no, questions are very valid. 

look at this article I posted to Scott. It gives you an idea. Yes, this is a football article but that leads the charge and affects all the facilities, food, rec areas, living etc, etc. 

Did they do half ass job, not that as much as they have a very long way to go.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-footballs-25-best-facilities-in-2022-ranked-182436036/#182436036_19

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

that was 100% my bad. It had rapid fire coming from it and already fended this off earlier. Sorry to take it that way. 

no, questions are very valid. 

look at this article I posted to Scott. It gives you an idea. Yes, this is a football article but that leads the charge and affects all the facilities, food, rec areas, living etc, etc. 

Did they do half ass job, not that as much as they have a very long way to go.

I’m lost are we taking about basketball or football? How often do IU basketball players spend in the football locker room and facilities? They have their own completely separate facilities do they not?  I’m just lost.

• Like 3