Transfers with IU Interest

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am tired of him putting our program down and actually don't think he is even a IU fan

Scott, I am trying to think how to say this without setting you off. Slow down and read what I said. I am a HUGE IU fan and trying to defend our program and staff against the outcry of why Woodson “can’t close” “another recruit lost to Tenn. what the heck, how” 

there is a reason and people need to slow down and realize it. I even gave examples on what it would take to overcome it etc.

you know what doesn’t help the program? Fans putting their heads in the sand and acting like we are the .. stuff.  

me attacking the program? Because I argued how important social media was? Huh? I haven’t attacked the program one time. Especially with what I see here daily. 

If we start a new thread I will be happy to discuss. I thought it was relevant as this is a big part of losing transfers. Please let me know if we do as I don’t check other threads often right now and just come back here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Maybe it’s just me but if I could play for a guy who played in the league and coached in the league, both at a high level, and who had connections to people in the league, and who knew the intricacies of what it took to get into the league… that would trump having a posh college apartment or the best gaming system.

But that’s just me…

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

It is still less and even if I give you top 10% which is not accurate, that still means 35/40 schools better. People question why we can’t beat out these “back hills, SEC, football schools with no history. We are IU, best college town in the world”  well, those are your top 35/40. They are on the better, right now, on the court too.

fans have to realize this is not easy on the staff is my point. They have won some good battles but people like Ledlum and Knecht… yeah, they were sold and not hard to blame them or blame the staff for not convincing them. 

I know it can be turned around. Woody brings something missing with Archie, players love him. He has that NBA thing as well. If they can win consistently, you can start to overcome this. 

I wish more understood it is not easy and give him some more time is all. Trying to educate our fanbase on this perspective 

We are having a hard time beating them out because a growing majority of the best athletes are coming from the south…so a lot are staying in SEC country. Even more important the SEC and ACC are playing a free flowing/ 3pt shooting and less physical brand of basketball that translates to being drafted in the NBA. It’s still always about the best players getting to the nba. Finally we are seeing tons of money for NIL going to these schools not just for football but basketball also. A lot of NIL money being spent at these schools as they have done a far better job setting up collectives for funneling money to their kids. Those 3 things are working against us but I don’t think facilities are far enough off that it would sway the recruits. In the end they just want to make it to the NBA…the fruit spread in the lounge ain’t making a difference.

Also speaking as someone living in the South…the weather is much better than Indiana…hard to compete there.

Edited by dgambill

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

We are having a hard time beating them out because a growing majority of the best athletes are coming from the south…so a lot are staying in SEC country. Even more important the SEC and ACC are playing a free flowing/ 3pt shooting and less physical brand of basketball that translates to being drafted in the NBA. It’s still always about the best players getting to the nba. Finally we are seeing tons of money for NIL going to these schools not just for football but basketball also. A lot of NIL money being spent at these schools as they have done a far better job setting up collectives for funneling money to their kids. Those 3 things are working against us but I don’t think facilities are far enough off that it would sway the recruits. In the end they just want to make it to the NBA…the fruit spread in the lounge ain’t making a difference.

Those teams in the south is way ahead of the curve on knowing how to pay college athletes. They have been doing that for decades.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So anyone know of any scheduled visits?

I have to believe CMW’s surgery recovery is impacting availability for campus visits. DeLoach already canceled a visit and went to Penn St instead. He said at the time he wanted to get to Bloomington later this month,  but it’s now 4/21 with no visit announced 

24 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I have to believe CMW’s surgery recovery is impacting availability for campus visits. DeLoach already canceled a visit and went to Penn St instead. He said at the time he wanted to get to Bloomington later this month,  but it’s now 4/21 with no visit announced 

IMO, I think really wonder if CMW’s surgery and inability to get around like normal had a negative effect on recruiting. I mean, his assistant coaches are recruiting too, but when the head coach has to take a short “pause” in face to face recruiting, other head coaches aren’t going to sit on their hands. 

Edited by Artesian_86

24 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

He is going to Georgia 

Just speculation on my part but what are the chances our staff has talked to some guys testing the NBA waters. Maybe players like Davis from Arkansas or Mitchell at Texas has talked to the staff about entering the portal. Both of them would fit well because one is a good scorer from the guard spot and another us a defensive wing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Just speculation on my part but what are the chances our staff has talked to some guys testing the NBA waters. Maybe players like Davis from Arkansas or Mitchell at Texas has talked to the staff about entering the portal. Both of them would fit well because one is a good scorer from the guard spot and another us a defensive wing.

If conversations like that are happening, they are probably talking with ten other teams as well

• Like 1