Transfers with IU Interest

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

To keep the thread on point. Tyrin Lawrence just started following several IU outlets and Howard. I guess that qualifies as interest.

Don’t know much about him. Stats look good. On paper seems like a good fit and fills needs.

send the entire staff to his house. Build bunk beds in his room and don’t leave until he commits. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

To keep the thread on point. Tyrin Lawrence just started following several IU outlets and Howard. I guess that qualifies as interest.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you or whoever said this misread or doesn’t  understand social media.  Those people followed him, not him following them. Huge difference. 

My guess for him is he had this locked up before he entered and will be Georgia with Deloach. 

social media does matter a ton but you have to read nuance with it. Maybe things like this are why so many feel burned by it and seemed to “clearly” oppose my thoughts on it before. 

Edited by Initial79
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

social media does matter a ton but you have to read nuance with it. Maybe things like this are why so many feel burned by it and seemed to “patiently” oppose my thoughts on it before. 

Maybe it would be beneficial to make a thread somewhere about the following topics with regards to recruiting; importance of social media and why it matters a ton, provide examples with regards to recruiting, give some examples of how to read it with nuance and other important topics regarding recruiting and social media?

6 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Maybe it would be beneficial to make a thread somewhere about the following topics with regards to recruiting; importance of social media and why it matters a ton, provide examples with regards to recruiting, give some examples of how to read it with nuance and other important topics regarding recruiting and social media?

I will add to this for the guys who have followed reciting for years etc. and might dismiss it. While social has existed in recruiting for a bit, it all changed with COVID. It become the number 1 recruiting tool there is for all sports. So even 4 years ago, this wasn’t a thing but is now. 

Edited by Initial79
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

I will add to this for the guys who have followed reciting for years etc. and might dismiss it. While social has existed in recruiting for a bit, it all changed with COVID. It become the number 1 recruiting tool there is for all sports. So even 4 years ago, this wasn’t a thing but is now. 

I just looked throuh Tyrin Lawrence's instagram and he's following Indiana class of 2023 signee Jakai Newton

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 9.34.54 PM.png

38 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Wait… didn’t Ledlum follow the team, players and Martha? If so, I don’t think it matters as much, until the ink is dry. 

but is the ink ever dry with the transfer portal?  One might ask for a release if its too cloudy or rainy and not enough sun shine at the rate were going