Transfers with IU Interest

2 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

Connections matter yes, but Yasir is our #1 recruiter. And its not close. 

Totally agree on Ya being a quality guy.  I enjoy what he conveys in interviews.  Players complement him on how much he’s helped them, especially guards.  He’s known as a good teacher with things like shooting.  He has humility and relates well with players.  

It really ticks me off when Dakich takes shots at Coach Ya sarcastically.  There’s no reason for it.   He’s an asset to the program.  

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Totally agree on Ya being a quality guy.  I enjoy what he conveys in interviews.  Players complement him on how much he’s helped them, especially guards.  He’s known as a good teacher with things like shooting.  He has humility and relates well with players.  

It really ticks me off when Dakich takes shots at Coach Ya sarcastically.  There’s no reason for it.   He’s an asset to the program.  

Who's Dakich?  He the guy who can't shut his mouth and gets ran out of everywhere he's been? 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Hell hath no fury like a washed up color analyst/Radio Show Host/Podcaster scorned :) 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Ya is, yes.

Dakich is not an asset to anything. He's a hypocritical piece of garbage. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Having not met them, I don't have any first-hand knowledge of the coaching (and support) staff's personalities and how they carry themselves, but what I see, read and gather from from other sources, they are a mature and well-balanced group. The current staff really seems to compliment one another, with broad coverage over experience, knowledge, communication, relate-ability, accountability and leadership.

To a person, they seem to understand their roles and appear to be highly proficient at them.

Edited by MoyeCowbell
spelling errors -- i don't want to bring shame to my family's name
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Jock Itch is focused on what Ya WAS...not what he IS.  Sure, I was concerned about Ya's history playing in the grey and being a willing bag man, but what he was willing to do then is pretty much legalized now.  I don't like it, but it's now playing by the rules.  Danny needs to just shut up and move on, but he's unfortunately incapable of not being a bitter old man.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I had a chance to meet the entire staff last May at IMS. Reading people, how they speak, how they talk is something I deal with daily in business. I'll get to my point. The first time we met was on Pit Lane. Mobs of people but Coach Woodson, Coach Hunter (and their wives) and Coach Yas (he wasn't with anyone) were doing their thing but the level of genuine interaction they each possessed was impressive. Listening to people, talking with them....not just posing for pictures.

Fast forward 2 hours. We were walking out to our car in turn 3 and who do I see. All 5 of them again. Our paths crossed again and I said thank you so much for your time earlier, I joked with Mrs Woodson asking her do you ever get tired of all the requests....she said never in a million years. We talked for a few more minutes, Coach Ya was just a charismatic genuine guy.....it's real. Not street posing but real. 

As were leaving Coach Woodson got in his SUV and tapped the horn at us, rolled the window down said thanks and Go Hoosiers.

One thing that struck me besides their genuine personalities?? They were in the normal parking lot. Walking to their cars. They weren't getting shuttled via golf cart or parking in VIP next to Pagoda....just normal guys walking to their car. To me that says something. 

Sorry for the very lengthy rant but when I hear windbags like Dakich be critical of anyone around this staff it ticks me off. 

Back to the thread. I can see where guys like Dingle or Dennis or MM or whomever would have interest in IU. It's not a hard sell....and the guys running the ship right now are really, really good people.

To piggy back on this.... Dan Dakich had pissed off John Jones so much when he was the "HC" that Jones thought about pulling his sponsorship of IU sports. 

image.jpeg.9aade5719d53af9b3283d12810c7fe5a.jpeg

You know... John Jones that is doing a NIL deal with Trayce+Tayven. smh

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

To piggy back on this.... Dan Dakich had pissed off John Jones so much when he was the "HC" that Jones thought about pulling his sponsorship of IU sports. 

image.jpeg.9aade5719d53af9b3283d12810c7fe5a.jpeg

You know... John Jones that is doing a NIL deal with Trayce+Tayven. smh

Exactly and thanks for sharing that. The number of people like Jones (I don't know him) who commit sizeable $ to IU all have a common theme. Dakich is trash. The only people I've ran across that like Dakich are genuinely people who in some mysterious narcissistic way want IU to not succeed so they can say I told you so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Yep…he’s usually right out there on the floor helping coach and instruct. Heck I think he even got a few Ts last year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Dakich got his info from Fife.

• Like 3