2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

1 minute ago, Initial79 said:

I’ll let you 2 argue that (don’t feel he was doing that) but is that not exactly what you were doing with your M&M joke? Disparaging me because I choose to read into things? 

Not you in particular... The whole process and the "froth" as @MoyeCowbell so eloquently put it...

Some of the stuff you post I think could have some truth to it, some I take with a grain of salt...I do think you're a bit dismissive when people present alternative info or views, and I also think you're too sensitive to people posting those views or making light of the overall process.

But to be honest, the day anyone can read the mind of an 18-22 year old (and having 3 grown children, I'm kinda aware how difficult that is) they need to write a book... 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Not you in particular... The whole process and the "froth" as @MoyeCowbell so eloquently put it...

Some of the stuff you post I think could have some truth to it, some I take with a grain of salt...I do think you're a bit dismissive when people present alternative info or views, and I also think you're too sensitive to people posting those views or making light of the overall process.

But to be honest, the day anyone can read the mind of an 18-22 year old (and having 3 grown children, I'm kinda aware how difficult that is) they need to write a book... 

Hey, trying to be more well rounded for guys like you with different opinions. Just wanted to check you a little as you seem just as hardened as my views but just polar opposite. 

I am just of the opinion some of it matters and what is the point of this board during the off-season if not to speculate. I think we all know many don’t believe much of it but do we need that reminder they don’t after every post with “news, rumors, tweet, etc” 🤷‍♂️

edit and add - appreciate the response 

Edited by Initial79
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

Hey, trying to be more well rounded for guys like you with different opinions. Just wanted to check you a little as you seem just as hardened as my views but just polar opposite. 

I am just of the opinion some of it matters and what is the point of this board during the off-season if not to speculate. I think we all know many don’t believe much of it but do we need that reminder they don’t after every post with “news, rumors, tweet, etc” 🤷‍♂️

edit and add - appreciate the response 

I think you are starting to get the hang of things around here!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Can't say I know for sure.. but with J Hulls running the show I highly doubt our OVs "lack" much. 

Walsh too. Have read comments from recruits highlighting how different he is. Best foot forward. All we can do when recruiting guys like this. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Understand it quite well... @5fouls uses it very effectively...

You use it to try to disparage someone with a different opinion...

There's a difference... 

nope, that’s not at all what happened there. I thought you had come around and I was just having fun with you, but apparently you still think we shouldn’t get Mgbako.

You’re certainly entitled to that opinion, but I’m personally really excited about the possibility of two top ten players playing together, with potentially two really good senior guards, and Malik Reneau and his awesome talent playing fifth wheel. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Understand it quite well... @5fouls uses it very effectively...

You use it to try to disparage someone with a different opinion...

There's a difference... 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I also think you're too sensitive to people posting those views or making light of the overall process.

image.gif.f3a2b29c3b772f2d8d725b4afdd731a7.gif

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

nope, that’s not at all what happened there. I thought you had come around and I was just having fun with you, but apparently you still think we shouldn’t get Mgbako.

You’re certainly entitled to that opinion, but I’m personally really excited about the possibility of two top ten players playing together, with potentially two really good senior guards, and Malik Reneau and his awesome talent playing fifth wheel. 

Don’t forget two potential lottery picks. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tru123dt said:

What Kansas insider is he referring to?

Probably Mike Vernon or their 247 guy. Who by the way have been wrong all week on this. First they said he wouldn’t visit IU and already committed. Then it was he will announce Thursday, then it was he wanted his own day apart from Hunter D and would Friday. Then it was he is just visiting IU for fun. Then it was he is committed but his “handlers” want him to visit IU. 

They know nothing. Slater is the only guy who probably does. 

if they are right by a guess, that doesn’t bode well for them. He set Lousville date during or right after Kansas. If he visits IU and now he is deciding 🤔

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Bossi had a news drop saying it’s down to IU and Kansas, questioning if the Louisville visit will even happen. But this recruitment is tight, so take it as whatever 

IF that's true, I love IU having the last visit.  Of course, Self will probably take the whole staff for an in-home visit wearing Nigerian flag shirts.🙄

Edited by FKIM01
  • Haha 5