Governor's Cup

5 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

We can agree to disagree on the 85 scholarships. You won’t be able to convince me that they need 85, quality wouldn’t change a bit with 75 instead of 85. Agree on the last part and have an opinion on why baseball gets screwed, but I’m not opening that can up. 

75 would just be the absolute bare minimum to make it work. Doesn't softball give full schollies? Maybe I heard that completely wrong. 

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Yeah, women’s softball gives out more than baseball for a smaller roster. 

It makes sense their roster is smaller, not sure I understand why they get full, though. 

Edit-- Softball gets 12 schollies, idk why I thought they gave out more. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It makes sense their roster is smaller, not sure I understand why they get full, though. 

Edit-- Softball gets 12 schollies, idk why I thought they gave out more. 

I thought they gave out more too (13 or 15). I don’t have issues with the intent of title IX. I just have issues with the execution. We damaged men’s sports to a degree to help women’s sports instead of just bringing women’s numbers up to men’s. As you said, all because schools were concerned they wouldn’t be “as” rich. 

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I thought they gave out more too (13 or 15). I don’t have issues with the intent of title IX. I just have issues with the execution. We damaged men’s sports to a degree to help women’s sports instead of just bringing women’s numbers up to men’s. As you said, all because schools were concerned they wouldn’t be “as” rich. 

I agree completely. And we're to the point now, it's not like if we didn't have Title IX any of these schools would just start "not caring" about women's sports. The public, thankfully, wouldn't allow it, but we might be better in the long run without it. 

The bold I couldn't find anywhere. Definitely could be though, all I could find was 12. But still, that's only 15-19 players using that compared to Indiana has 32 on their roster in baseball and I know of one kid going to school there, redshirting, but he isn't on the roster because they don't have a spot for him.. likely to be on the roster next year .

• Like 1