Recruiting

It seems like our success rate on landing big men is much higher than with guards.  Is this the TJD effect or just how things have rolled?

Current Top Rated Bigs

Reneau

Ware

Mgbako

Big Recruits

24 McNeeley (Lead?)

24 Newell (Lead?)

24 Bidunga (Unknown)

25 Sisley (Lead?)

Guard Recruits

24 Harper (Top 3?)

24 Mustaf (Good position)

25 Haralson (Lead?)

25 Acuff (Unknown)

In the past, we have generally been able to bring in better guards and not so much big men.  Now it seems like the opposite is the case.  It will be interesting to see what guards we can hit on the next couple classes.   Hopefully there will be a strong JHS effect.

Hopefully it was more of a coincidence due to our roster construction, needs, etc.  As you astutely point out, JHS is great to put on a poster as to player development (and opportunity).  Woody also has a vast portfolio of players from his considerable NBA experience.  Our competitors may want to pretend that doesn't exist (like the dufus poster from Kansas' social media crowing that Woody has zero NBA players) but that is not living in reality.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Hopefully it was more of a coincidence due to our roster construction, needs, etc.  As you astutely point out, JHS is great to put on a poster as to player development (and opportunity).  Woody also has a vast portfolio of players from his considerable NBA experience.  Our competitors may want to pretend that doesn't exist (like the dufus poster from Kansas' social media crowing that Woody has zero NBA players) but that is not living in reality.

TJD and Race kinda created a vacuum at the big spot that with them leaving it was leaving huge minutes for guys like Reneau, Ware, and Mgbako. Had we landed a couple guys like Kaufman and Furst or some others we wouldn’t have had these opportunities available. Add that to an NBA pedigree and swagger and great assistants we are going to continue to land better recruits.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Agree. 

I love JHS demeanor during it. He's like the rest of us "Idk how you visit IU and not want to play ball there" simple, and effective. 

He surely understands what is important in order to get where he wants to go.  No prima donna or bs with the young man.  He's going to succeed in the pros because he understands that it's a business.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

He surely understands what is important in order to get where he wants to go.  No prima donna or bs with the young man.  He's going to succeed in the pros because he understands that it's a business.

I get that vibe too. All business for Fino. 

Can you image how good we would be if all of a sudden JHS just says Hey, i think i want another year of million of NIL dollars and help IU win a Natty.  And then eat like 6 tacos in front of the camera, just a kid eating tacos and wanting to win a natty with IU.  I can dream, about tacos and national titles.  I am hungry for both right now

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Can you image how good we would be if all of a sudden JHS just says Hey, i think i want another year of million of NIL dollars and help IU win a Natty.  And then eat like 6 tacos in front of the camera, just a kid eating tacos and wanting to win a natty with IU.  I can dream, about tacos and national titles.  I am hungry for both right now

YARN | Puff, puff, give. | Friday (1995) | Video clips by ...

;) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

• 6 months later...