IU 2023 NCAA Tournament Thread

Hoosierfan1901

17 minutes ago, rico said:

I surmise that UK is being coached to get hit.  I would start throwing at their heads.

Announcers talked about how they're coached to get hit. Said they were top 5 in the country in that stat. Kudos to them for pushing the limit, but when they're over the plate, and then lean further over the plate to get hit, that's questionable. I can see why pitchers would get frustrated. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Announcers talked about how they're coached to get hit. Said they were top 5 in the country in that stat. Kudos to them for pushing the limit, but when they're over the plate, and then lean further over the plate to get hit, that's questionable. I can see why pitchers would get frustrated. 

If I was on the mound, I would throw it at their ears.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Had a friend who I played fast pitch with. First thing he would do during time to get in the box would be wipe away the line next to the plate. Then stand where the line used to be. He had a technique for taking a grazing hit on the side of his thigh. He got several HBP bases!

• Haha 1

I didn't get a chance to watch much of the game today, but the game Saturday it felt like UK was crowding the plate.

One guy made a check swing and was hit. There were a couple other batters hit where they dipped their arm or knee into the path of the ball.

• Like 1

UKs bum coach yapping off and running.  Game 7 tonight boys!! 

If Kraft is healthy he could throw 40-50 pitches... Whiteaker hasn't thrown, he will tonight. I think Bothwell will start, ride him as far as he can go.... go to Whiteaker at that point. Mentioned Kraft, I think Foley could throw 1-2 innings, Risedorph maybe 1. Yoho would throw, I'd think. Throwing more LHP worries me against UK, but it's what we got.  

I doubt they'd let Sinnard throw, don't think he's even had an MRI. 

I was happy with Mercers strategy once we were down 5 runs late. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

If Kraft is healthy he could throw 40-50 pitches... Whiteaker hasn't thrown, he will tonight. I think Bothwell will start, ride him as far as he can go.... go to Whiteaker at that point. Mentioned Kraft, I think Foley could throw 1-2 innings, Risedorph maybe 1. Yoho would throw, I'd think. Throwing more LHP worries me against UK, but it's what we got.  

Who does UK got left to throw?

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

What was the UK coach yapping about?