Poll: Who Will Lead IU in Scoring in 2023-24?

Poll: Who Will Lead IU in Scoring in 2023-24?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Lead IU in Scoring Average in 2023-24?

• Xavier Johnson
    • Kel'el Ware
    • Malik Reneau
    • Mackenzie Mgbako
    • Trey Galloway
    • Payton Sparks
    • CJ Gunn
    • Kaleb Banks
    • Anthony Walker
    • Anthony Leal
    • Jakai Newton
    • Gabe Cupps

• IUFLA changed the title to Poll: Who Will Lead IU in Scoring in 2023-24?
1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I honestly have no idea, but went with Ware.  Would not surprise me if team lead is 11 or 12 ppg.

I was thinking we won't have the singular productivity we had with Trayce, but between Malik, Ware, and Mgbako we should be able to come close to the combined frontcourt scoring productivity of Trayce, Race, and Miller...They averaged a combined 36 PPG last year...

And Sparks will be an upgrade from Geronimo at least on the offensive end...

Edited by IUFLA

43 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Not that I don’t think X can be that guy, but I think if he is IU will be in trouble? 

I considered X, simply because I think his dribble drive game will be better without the lane being clogged up...But I'd really rather he not take a high volume of 3s...

I chose Malik simply because he averaged 6 ppg in about 15 mpg which I think will easily translate to double figures with extended minutes/touches, and the fact that either Mgbako or Cupps (can't remember which) said in their Hoosier Hysterics interviews that in the scrimmages so far, Reneau has been "dominant" and has been stepping out and hitting 3s...

Malik's only problem will be staying on the floor due to foul problems... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3

I was just listening to the Hoosier Hysterics Podcast with CJ Gunn and he said anyone worried about our outside shooting, shouldn't...Said Mgbako could shoot, makes tough shots, and knows how to get to his spots...Also said it was vry apparent that Reneau had been in the gym working on his outside game...And, of course, CJ says he's ready...

Very entertaining, and CJ comes off as a great kid with a boatload of confidence...I like that...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I honestly have no idea, but went with Ware.  Would not surprise me if team lead is 11 or 12 ppg.

Yeah...really interesting poll.  I could see 4-5 different players having a chance and the averages to be pretty closely bunched.  Don't see a dominant player here and I don't necessarily view that as a bad thing.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I was just listening to the Hoosier Hysterics Podcast with CJ Gunn and he said anyone worried about our outside shooting, shouldn't...Said Mgbako could shoot, makes tough shots, and knows how to get to his spots...Also said it was vry apparent that Reneau had been in the gym working on his outside game...And, of course, CJ says he's ready...

Very entertaining, and CJ comes off as a great kid with a boatload of confidence...I like that...

It's a hill I'll die on and will gladly eat my words but CJ Gunn is going to remind people he scored 30+ routinely vs some high level competition his senior year. I expect a huge jump this year.

In terms of poll. I went with Mack....but I could see us having honestly 5-6 guys averaging around 11-12. 

• Like 2

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

Love it. I couldn’t figure out the exponent on my phone. 

If it's an android and using the Gboard keyboard, just hold down on the number and a little submenu with exponents⁷ pops up...

Iphone? I have no idea... Probably have to go through iTunes 😁