Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

Just now, IU Scott said:

How about the one where Edey pretty much took the defender to the floor but the UT was called for a foul

When? The one where they called a foul on the guy before Edey sent him to the floor where Bilas said it could’ve been an offensive foul on Edey? Sure that could’ve been a foul on Edey but it didn’t matter because the guy clearly fouled him before that happened. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

When? The one where they called a foul on the guy before Edey sent him to the floor where Bilas said it could’ve been an offensive foul on Edey? Sure that could’ve been a foul on Edey but it didn’t matter because the guy clearly fouled him before that happened. 

Edey put an arm bar on the defender and swung him to the ground 

Edited by IU Scott

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

How about the one where Edey pretty much took the defender to the floor but the UT was called for a foul

I guess 

as long as there are no rules….

i understand he’s impossible to ref 

Just call the basics 

3 seconds 

elbows 

hook & hold 

2 hands in the back 

wrapping arm  around his waste 

facing him while blocking out 

verticality 

Purdue is really physical too…but they basically let Marquette have uncontested layups instead of fouling early on 

Then they sagged Edey later on 

6 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

I guess 

as long as there are no rules….

i understand he’s impossible to ref 

Just call the basics 

3 seconds 

elbows 

hook & hold 

2 hands in the back 

wrapping arm  around his waste 

facing him while blocking out 

verticality 

Purdue is really physical too…but they basically let Marquette have uncontested layups instead of fouling early on 

Then they sagged Edey later on 

I’m so tired of the “he’s impossible to ref” trope. He’s not; you call it like he’s just another player, because that’s exactly what he is. Other teams don’t get away with more against edey than they do against other big men; it’s just more obvious because he commands much more viewer attention.

He does get away with quite a lot because he’s got this aura of “he doesn’t foul” just like Aaron Craft did; and the both foul/fouled like crazy.

I mean just on the last play alone his legs were spread like 8 feet wide on his screen

• Like 5