Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Nebraska has a really good coach

Eh, I need to see a little consistency before I call Hoiberg a decent coach, let alone a really good coach. He’s had 0 years above 500 at Nebraska before this year. I do like the way this year’s Nebraska team plays though.

1 minute ago, Kdug said:

Eh, I need to see a little consistency before I call Hoiberg a decent coach, let alone a really good coach. He’s had 0 years above 500 at Nebraska before this year. I do like the way this year’s Nebraska team plays though.

I think you have to consider the circumstance. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I think you have to consider the circumstance. 

I’m admittedly not a close follower of Nebrasketball. But it looks like when Miles was fired they were in a decent spot, 2 straight years of 50ish ranked teams, but not quite tourney caliber. Then Hoiberg takes over and has still not had a team as good as Miles last 2 years. Am I missing something?

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

A court storming in Neb.

Neb 88-72 over Purdue

Similar score to our loss at Neb 86-70

Funny thing is the game between they lost at Wisconsin 88-72. They just really like 16 point games.

25 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Do we need a wellness check for one of our resident Boiler fans? An hour after the game ended and he's conspicuously absent. He had plenty to say after their recent wins. 

I posted after our NW loss too but I’m glad you’re thinking about me. I post regardless of whether we win or lose.

Unless you’re talking about @Purdue7

Edited by Stlboiler23

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't know college hoops anymore. Just get in the tourney and get hot. 

Trouble is, it's hard for this program to even make the tourney anymore. I'm old enough to remember our fans complaining about how awful we were in the 2000's because we missed the tournament twice. That was the last time we had 3 consecutive tournament appearances. Incredible, really. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Do we need a wellness check for one of our resident Boiler fans? An hour after the game ended and he's conspicuously absent. He had plenty to say after their recent wins. 

If it’s not on peacock 🦚 I usually DVR and ignore the phone 📱 

Usually a bunch of games I want to watch 

Heide might be threatening Morton/Loyer minutes?

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Just checked the score and Purdue is down 41-30 and Edey only have 2 points.  People needs to look to see what Neb. coaches do to stop Edey because last year he only had 11 at Neb.

He looked off today honestly almost like he’s under the weather. Looked way more lethargic than normal.

8 hours ago, Kdug said:

I’m admittedly not a close follower of Nebrasketball. But it looks like when Miles was fired they were in a decent spot, 2 straight years of 50ish ranked teams, but not quite tourney caliber. Then Hoiberg takes over and has still not had a team as good as Miles last 2 years. Am I missing something?

Fred Hoiberg has been an excellent coach for a long time... He was great at Iowa State... Didn't fair well with the Bulls, but that was more a talent issue...

Nebraska exceeded expectations last year too... 

• Like 1

UNL played some really good, physical D and made a ton of 3s. Seems like a winning formula. 😁 Love watching Tominaga do his thing. And Fred's kid is contributing way more than I ever thought he would.

Pretty severe regression to the mean for TKR after he killed the Illini.

Edited by BruceDouglas

16 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

UNL played some really good, physical D and made a ton of 3s. Seems like a winning formula. 😁 Love watching Tominaga do his thing. And Fred's kid is contributing way more than I ever thought he would.

Pretty severe regression to the mean for TKR after he killed the Illini.

Tominaga is my favorite player in CBB. Woodson couldn't remember his name in the post game presser. Called him "the little guard" after he scored 28 against the Hoosiers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Fred Hoiberg has been an excellent coach for a long time... He was great at Iowa State... Didn't fair well with the Bulls, but that was more a talent issue...

Agreed. Hoiberg is a great basketball coach. 

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Agreed that he was good at Iowa State, but I guess I’m just not impressed with his Nebraska tenure. They exceeded expectations last year because he’s put together bad teams. Again, he still hasn’t had any teams that were as good as the last 2 teams that got Miles fired. So he’s literally taken over for a coach that was deemed bad enough to get fired, and been worse than him for 4 straight years. That’d be enough to get fired from a lot of college programs.

Like I said, I like their team this year, so maybe it just took him awhile to get going, but I’m not convinced.

16 minutes ago, Kdug said:

Agreed that he was good at Iowa State, but I guess I’m just not impressed with his Nebraska tenure. They exceeded expectations last year because he’s put together bad teams. Again, he still hasn’t had any teams that were as good as the last 2 teams that got Miles fired. So he’s literally taken over for a coach that was deemed bad enough to get fired, and been worse than him for 4 straight years. That’d be enough to get fired from a lot of college programs.

Like I said, I like their team this year, so maybe it just took him awhile to get going, but I’m not convinced.

What Miles did is a little irrelevant, Hoiberg inherited a mess and had to start from the ground floor. What contributors did Hoiberg inherit?