Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

@tdhoosier don't stand up for Gard, next, you'll tell me you support Tyra Buss's marriage to Brad Davison. 

It felt kinda dirty.

And not to be the bearer of bad news, but below is FT attempts by opponent so far this season. 😬

I think half of our fouls came on 3 pt attempts too! lol. 🤦‍♂️

image.png.bc2b910580859e0ef51edec870f36cbe.png

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Lists like this give me hope IU can land a good coach. If schools like Ohio St and Louisville think guys like Muss, Oates, and McDermott can be plucked, I don’t see why we should think we have no chance and are wasting time even considering. 

IIRC, weve had a better previous 2 seasons than both. 

D157F9BF-7DE6-45C7-A538-DC450C932BAD.png

I know Trilly is supposedly plugged in, but I don’t see any reason why Oats would leave Bama for OSU unless there’s a big pay increase. And any pay increase could easily be matched by Bama. Feels like that might just be a play by his agent to get a raise at Bama

2 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

It felt kinda dirty.

And not to be the bearer of bad news, but below is FT attempts by opponent so far this season. 😬

I think half of our fouls came on 3 pt attempts too! lol. 🤦‍♂️

image.png.bc2b910580859e0ef51edec870f36cbe.png

Yeah.. we foul stupidly.

1 minute ago, Kdug said:

I know Trilly is supposedly plugged in, but I don’t see any reason why Oats would leave Bama for OSU unless there’s a big pay increase. And any pay increase could easily be matched by Bama. Feels like that might just be a play by his agent to get a raise at Bama

The old "Matt Painter to Missouri" ploy, eh? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Guys/Gals,

The hand-wringing over who we may or may not "miss out on" is wasted energy. Good grief.

1) IU and OSU are totally different situations with different expectations. From our (the fans') point of view, it's all conjecture as to why a specific candidate would pick one school over the other. We can come up with a slew of different reasons, but ultimately they satisfy our needs/expectations, and not necessarily those of the candidate.

2) It's only one opening. Lots of candidates. The knee-jerk reactions are that Holtmann's replacement will be some sort of superstar who will automatically come in and win multiple titles. That's a weird fear.

2A) Yes, we will lose out on someone. So will every other team that doesn't get that person. 

3) By the way, we still have a coach.

4) The last thing IU needs to do is make a decision based on the decisions of other programs. It simply needs to do what's best for itself on its own timeline. A program could theoretically keep chasing the "next greatest/hottest candidate" forever, which is a fool's errand.

Matta showed that the right guy at OSU can not only win but recruit Indiana. If they hire the right guy it’s bad for IU

• Like 3

With the loss of Ty Berry at NW, the B1G may be looking at best five teams in the NCAAT and possibly only four (PU, IL, WI & MSU). NW and NEB are both bubble teams now (as is MSU, but I think they'll get a bid). If NW falters along with NEB unable to win any road games, neither may get a bid. NEB does have a very favorable schedule, though. 

26 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Matta showed that the right guy at OSU can not only win but recruit Indiana. If they hire the right guy it’s bad for IU

They've been a non factor when we've been good. The 5 seasons that's actually happened in the last 25. 

We're talking 3 players right? Thomas, Oden, and Conley? I'd have taken Victor over Thomas, by the end anyways. Mike Davis was the reason for the other two, not some Matta magic. 

Nope. Don't fear OSU. I fear ourself much more than that. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They've been a non factor when we've been good. The 5 seasons that's actually happened in the last 25. 

We're talking 3 players right? Thomas, Oden, and Conley? I'd have taken Victor over Thomas, by the end anyways. Mike Davis was the reason for the other two, not some Matta magic. 

I'll never forget sitting across the desk from Davis when he was telling me and my coworker he had Oden and Conley locked up. We left his office, went down the ramp, walked out the door and looked at each other like what does he know we don't? The whole word knew Conley Sr was jump starting his sports agent career with those two and Ohio St was going to make it happen. 

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Didn’t say I feared them. This staff hasn’t landed any players from Indiana anyway.