2024 Battle 4 Atlantis

41 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Let's see....Butler or ND in December in Indy or this trip? Thanks Coach Woodson for bringing our preseason schedules back to a national level.

How about the old Hoosier Classic.  Can't beat those tournament fields full of the likes of Eastern Michigan, Austin Peay, and Mississippi Valley State.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

A L'ville supporter over on Reddit said that this will be a great way to find out about their new coach in 24' LOL

That thought crossed my mind as well...I'm not entirely sure Kenny gets to 2024.  Another season like the last one and it's doubtful he does.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

That thought crossed my mind as well...I'm not entirely sure Kenny gets to 2024.  Another season like the last one and it's doubtful he does.

I've always thought in today's era or portal/nil/transfer that Crean never makes it to year 4 with us. I don't think Kenny makes it to 24 unless the recruiting pipeline is full if they have a repeat of last year.

24 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Anybody know if they do full ticket and Atlantis packages? I think I remember something like that when we had that summer exhibition 2 years ago. 

Would love to know as well. I just did a sample of what a stay, air, and approximate tickets would cost and it's approaching $5k. However my MIL threw out the idea of how cool it would be to get everyone together that week for Thanksgiving (if it's held during that week again). 

Another option is also staying in Miami and they have those daily charters that run to the Bahamas. Probably will be sometime before ticket packages are announced though.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Would love to know as well. I just did a sample of what a stay, air, and approximate tickets would cost and it's approaching $5k. However my MIL threw out the idea of how cool it would be to get everyone together that week for Thanksgiving (if it's held during that week again). 

Another option is also staying in Miami and they have those daily charters that run to the Bahamas. Probably will be sometime before ticket packages are announced though.

This year, I believe it’s the weekend before Thanksgiving and the rates are $500 - $900 an night depending which Atlantis property you’d stay. I’m sorry, but that is ridiculous. I’ve had friends stay at Atlantis and they said it’s way too expensive for what you get. Food and drinks on top of that too. I could stay at a bougie all inclusive in Mexico and get my butt wiped by a butler when I ring a bell for $900/night. Hopefully a package opens up. I know there are all-inclusive resorts off site that are half those rates. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

This year, I believe it’s the weekend before Thanksgiving and the rates are $500 - $900 an night depending which Atlantis property you’d stay. I’m sorry, but that is ridiculous. I’ve had friends stay at Atlantis and they said it’s way too expensive for what you get. Food and drinks on top of that too. I could stay at a bougie all inclusive in Mexico and get my butt wiped by a butler when I ring a bell for $900/night. Hopefully a package opens up. I know there are all-inclusive resorts off site that are half those rates. 

I've been to Atlantis and while nice they really hit the pocketbook. Plenty of time to figure out a schedule but no way am I staying on site all week at those prices. 

On 8/22/2023 at 6:20 PM, 5fouls said:

How about the old Hoosier Classic.  Can't beat those tournament fields full of the likes of Eastern Michigan, Austin Peay, and Mississippi Valley State.

While watching Austin Peay in the ncaa tourney years back my dad came up with the chant “Austin, Austin, let’s go Peay!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

While watching Austin Peay in the ncaa tourney years back my dad came up with the chant “Austin, Austin, let’s go Peay!”

When they were in Des Moines about 6 years ago for the touney, their fans had Lets go Peay shits that had a picture of a Porta John on it,  Their Fans were really good to have there.  Everyone was rooting for them

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

When they were in Des Moines about 6 years ago for the touney, their fans had Lets go Peay shits that had a picture of a Porta John on it,  Their Fans were really good to have there.  Everyone was rooting for them

Peay Sh--s?  Sounds like a good name for the Purdue student section.  

On 8/22/2023 at 6:20 PM, 5fouls said:

My favorite was playing Athletes in Action or the Russians lol. 

That said this tournament is a great collection of talent. Probably all teams that would be playing in March.

• Like 1