Indiana State Game Thread

KDB

Good job Bell…much improved…we threw the ball to our RB’s out the backfield which was awesome got some big plays off that…got Lucas the ball in space more out on perimeter…mixed in a few WR screens on outside..took a few shots downfield.

Now lets not throw 25 back shoulder/fade balls in the end zone next game…maybe limit that to a couple. holy smokes we never connected on a single one… need a little more creativity down inside the 20 in the future…would like to see a 2 back usage a little more with Lucas in the slot but much improved from week 1

It’s the same Bell as week one.  Solid.  Played the situation he had.   Louisville and Maryland will be the barometers.  

If we played OSU differently out of the chute, we lose 47-3.  He kept us in the game in case we made a play to score with a breakaway, a pick 6, PR.  Everyone knows that’s a slight chance but the only chance we had.  He kept that open.  This week, he played to the situation.  

If we don’t play the situation right against Maryland and Louisville I will bring the pitchfork out with you guys.  I don’t expect to. 

I have always considered this to be a developmental year and so far, so good on how they have handled the QBs.  Groom them so we can go forward after this year.  I like both of them and I’m not just saying that to blindly cheer.   I never liked Bazelak as an example.  Weak.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

It’s the same Bell as week one.  Solid.  Played the situation he had.   Louisville and Maryland will be the barometers.  

If we played OSU differently out of the chute, we lose 47-3.  He kept us in the game in case we made a play to score with a breakaway, a pick 6, PR.  Everyone knows that’s a slight chance but the only chance we had.  He kept that open.  This week, he played to the situation.  

If we don’t play the situation right against Maryland and Louisville I will bring the pitchfork out with you guys.  I don’t expect to. 

I have always considered this to be a developmental year and so far, so good on how they have handled the QBs.  Groom them so we can go forward after this year.  I like both of them and I’m not just saying that to blindly cheer.   I never liked Bazelak as an example.  Weak.  

I disagree and Tom Allen and Walt Bell both said they were to conservative week 1 

• Thanks 1

Just to be clear I was being snarky above.  Clearly they played to win, but that offense certainly wasn’t going to get them far.  Camper was mad for a reason and then admitting they were conservative says a lot.  No illusion here that they were going to win but I would love to see a jaw punch more than a Floyd maywearher type performance.

No matter what the next couple games is going to be where we likely see if this team has any chance at 500.  Hope they do.