Marian Post Game Thread

BGleas

Just now, IUFLA said:

We'll see more Tuesday...

Mgbako, Ware, and Reneau all looked comfortable shooting the 3 which is nice... 

Agree! Said this in the game thread, but I'd really like to see Mgbako more involved in fhe offense. 

Right now he's basically in Kopp's old stand in the corner and wait role. He's too good of a scorer and shooter for that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kdug said:

Very positive stat. On a negative side, 0 3’s made in 63 minutes. Need some outside shooting from our guards going forward.

Yeah, we will need more scoring out of them. 

I'm interested to see how things guy in real games where the rotation gets tightened a bit. The shots probably won't be as spread out. 

• Like 1

The talent is there to be a really good tear. We have to understand that they are still figuring things out. It will take a while. CMW knows how to get the best out of this group. We talk sometimes like he doesn't see what we see. Pretty sure he does. In listening to various former players talk about CBK I was reminded of how far advanced he was compared to the kids coming into the program. CMW knows how to coach. He will get everything possible out of this team.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, we will need more scoring out of them. 

I'm interested to see how things guy in real games where the rotation gets tightened a bit. The shots probably won't be as spread out. 

I think they are holding back a little and experimenting with different positioning on the floor ETC. Now if it’s the same against FGCU then maybe a little concerning but I don’t think they have their full offense implemented yet 

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Just based on the stat sheet, the in-game negativity on Banks and Gunn appears a little unfair.

I wasn't really in the game thread until towards the end, so dont know what was said there, but at least for me on Gunn the stat sheet doesn't tell the entire story. 

14 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Just based on the stat sheet, the in-game negativity on Banks and Gunn appears a little unfair.

CJ had a mediocre game on both ends I thought... 3 of his 4 FGs were dunks or layups... He did hit a 3, but his midrange game had a bad look between shot selection and missing the ones he did take...

Banks was rusty... He did can a couple of 3s and had 1 nice drive to the basket...

Both struggled staying in front of their man and were out of position on D a few times...

They'll contribute, it it remains to be seen how much

• Like 6

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

CJ had a mediocre game on both ends I thought... 3 of his 4 FGs were dunks or layups... He did hit a 3, but his midrange game had a bad look between shot selection and missing the ones he did take...

Banks was rusty... He did can a couple of 3s and had 1 nice drive to the basket...

Both struggled staying in front of their man and were out of position on D a few times...

They'll contribute, it it remains to be seen how much

Agree with this. 

On Banks, I like him and really want to see him develop. I was really happy he hit those last two 3's he took. When I watch him though, I struggle to find what he does really well. 

Like, what are the one to two things that he's really strong at? It's like he's ok at a lot of different things but not really strong at any one or two things, and I'm not sure that gets him consistent playing time. 

I'll pulling for him though. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Agree with this. 

On Banks, I like him and really want to see him develop. I was really happy he hit those last two 3's he took. When I watch him though, I struggle to find what he does really well. 

Like, what are the one to two things that he's really strong at? It's like he's ok at a lot of different things but not really strong at any one or two things, and I'm not sure that gets him consistent playing time. 

I'll pulling for him though. 

Was it me, or were his hands a little bad tonight? Not Jordan Geronimo or Justin Smith bad, but he didn't seem to catch much cleanly...