Florida Gulf Coast Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

Addendum: Last year FGCU finished 9th in Drtg, and 8th in Ortg (out of 14 teams) in the A-Sun...

We played 1 game against A-Sun competition last year...Kennesaw State which we won 69-55...Kennesaw State fisished 2nd in the league but won the conference tournament, losing to Xavier in the first round of the NCAAs

Edited by IUFLA
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

We need to come out ready to play on Tuesday.

Absolutely ! Playing the exhibition games is good to play someone other than your team mates, but it can often instill a false sense of how good you are, esp among the young guys.

I really don't think Tues will be a "cakewalk". I think we'll get some weaknesses exposed big time.

Want to see how we react when we get a "comfortable" lead. Do we take our foot off the gas and hit cruise control, or do we continue to put the pedal to the medal?

5 minutes ago, DWB said:

Absolutely ! Playing the exhibition games is good to play someone other than your team mates, but it can often instill a false sense of how good you are, esp among the young guys.

I really don't think Tues will be a "cakewalk". I think we'll get some weaknesses exposed big time.

Want to see how we react when we get a "comfortable" lead. Do we take our foot off the gas and hit cruise control, or do we continue to put the pedal to the metal?

I hope we get a comfortable lead. I think we win, but I could see this be a 6-10 point game. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Addendum: Last year FGCU finished 9th in Drtg, and 8th in Ortg (out of 14 teams) in the A-Sun...

We played 1 game against A-Sun competition last year...Kennesaw State which we won 69-55...Kennesaw State finished 2nd in the league but won the conference tournament, losing to Xavier in the first round of the NCAAs

Goes to show Woody's not afraid to schedule better challenges than the typical early season cupcake.  That probably helps the players get better focused.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I really hope FGCU puts their names on the back of their jerseys.

image.png.bbc3cba5e09700573d7c08f1f9f2b7b4.png

And have a Jr at the end... :D 

Actually, I looked up the highlights from their game with USC, and the first guy who scores for FGCU had the name "Azul" on the back of his jersey...I looked at last years roster, and there was no one named Azul...Did a web search...Nothing...Then the next guy who scored also had the name "Azul" on his jersey, and they obviously weren't related...

Come to find out, Azul is the name of their mascot, and last year, at least, they ALL wore his name on the backs of their jerseys...

Azul the Eagle flies high among collegiate mascots - FGCU 360

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Best guess as to who FGCU will start...

Sure things

Isaiah Thompson

Zach Anderson

Andre Ware

Pretty Sure

Chase Johnston

Others in the mix

Dakota Rivers

Dallion Johnson

Keeshawn Kellman

Read an article where Chambers said they'd go 10 deep easily...

Edited by IUFLA

47 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And have a Jr at the end... :D 

Actually, I looked up the highlights from their game with USC, and the first guy who scores for FGCU had the name "Azul" on the back of his jersey...I looked at last years roster, and there was no one named Azul...Did a web search...Nothing...Then the next guy who scored also had the name "Azul" on his jersey, and they obviously weren't related...

Come to find out, Azul is the name of their mascot, and last year, at least, they ALL wore his name on the backs of their jerseys...

Azul the Eagle flies high among collegiate mascots - FGCU 360

....means blue. lol

• Haha 1