Florida Gulf Coast Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

7 minutes ago, Reacher said:

24 hours to go... Anyone have any big plans? Going to the game? Leaving work early?  I need to get some snacks- likely popcorn or pretzels to munch on. I grabbed some Game Day Lager while in Bloomington so might break that out.

Looking forward to seeing our talented youth versus their experience...

Especially Cupps and Thompson...Thompson plays over 30 MPG, so Gabe will see him...

Also want to see Mac versus a few of their experienced big guys...

I think after tomorrow, we'll have a lot more to over-analyze :D 

14 minutes ago, Reacher said:

24 hours to go... Anyone have any big plans? Going to the game? Leaving work early?  I need to get some snacks- likely popcorn or pretzels to munch on. I grabbed some Game Day Lager while in Bloomington so might break that out.

I have to watch non DVR when I get home. Stupid parent/teacher conferences. 

• Sad 1

I dislike 6:30 start times. My life schedule just does not allow me to sit down and watch a game that starts that early in the evening.  Give me the 8:30 start time.  If it's an ESPN game, I'll take 9 o'clock.  

So, unfortunately I'll be recording and watching tonight's game later in th he evening.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I dislike 6:30 start times. My life schedule just does not allow me to sit down and watch a game that starts that early in the evening.  Give me the 8:30 start time.  If it's an ESPN game, I'll take 9 o'clock.  

So, unfortunately I'll be recording and watching tonight's game later in th he evening.  

I spin it completely opposite.  I have trouble staying awake after 9/930 and love the excuse to start drinking bourbon at 6pm.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I live in Arizona so I agree. For me, later is better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Being in Central Time Zone, I am normally still working at 5:30. Then I have to walk the dog, so needless to say, I don't like these start times either. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Thompson averaged 3 ppg in his 6 games against IU when he was a BoilerBubber...

I know he's more of a focal point in FGCU's offense, but still the same skillet...

I thought the same.  There were a couple of idiots that immediately started clucking about IU getting bailed out.  They obviously didn't see the stats vs IU.

Winning is the main goal but I'm looking for some key improvements.

A clear plan on offense that they demonstrate they can execute well. Better job keeping the ball in front of them on defense and less open/unchallenged threes. Team commitment to rebounding.

A win is a win but we are looking for signs this team can win against much better opponents. As it stands right now, I can't say with certainty they win tonight.

I will be there.  Really want a Ben’s pretzel tonight but they won’t come over to the Hall until home football games are over.

Im curious if the start time is better or worse for the Indy crowd that travels down.  I also know my kid that’s a freshman had to give up their ticket because they have class.  Gave it to a friend but I wonder how many others will potentially have class they cannot skip.

I agree with some of the posts above, this game will not be a pushover and I think a good crowd will help energize the team.  In particular their first real home game for many players.

Edited by iuthruandthru
  • Like 2