Wisconsin Game Thread

KDB

Just now, Victobmyboy said:

Pretty sure if he wins a bowl it triggers an extension. 

Next time, that needs to be reciprocal.  Buyout is X so long as you win 3 conference games.  If coach balks you say “you want me to guarantee $20M even if you can’t win 3 games?”  

My view is it’s no different than a household budget.  Don’t overextend yourself.  If you’re willing to put a huge buyout on something, you have to pay it if need be.  It’s like agreeing to a $100k extension on your house.  Only agree to it if you can afford it.  

2 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Now watch Illinois beat Minnesota. 🤣🤣

That's the tough part too. Illinois is thinking the same as we are. 3 wins from bowl eligibility. They need today, us next week, and home game vs Northwestern to get to 6. If Illinois wins today next week becomes much bigger for bowl stuff.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's the tough part too. Illinois is thinking the same as we are. 3 wins from bowl eligibility. They need today, us next week, and home game vs Northwestern to get to 6. If Illinois wins today next week becomes much bigger for bowl stuff.

We’ve got to show the toughness to take our show on the road.  

The big thing is don’t beat yourself.  Whether it’s an illegal hands to the face or dropping a punt or a late hit or unnecessary roughness or a mishandled handoff or a fumble.    BB is always about doing your job and not beating yourself.  The refs will never help us because the league knows where money is.  

It is like the tennis player who doesn’t have velocity but hits it back over the net and waits for the opponent to hit the ball outside the lines or into the net.  You can win.  

Since Mallory that is the prevailing issue and should be a point of emphasis as a program. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Is it just me or does he have a little Peyton Ramsey in him?

100%.  I have thought the same thing.   Arm motion and running style reminds me of that. BS might have more zip and physicality.   PR was smarter but BS has time to get there.  

The adjustment to B1G East football is incredibly tough.  The speed, the coverages, the physicality.  Brutal adjustment period.   He’s noticeably improving.  I’ve always thought this is a developmental year and we are in fact seeing that.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Sorsbys a RS FR 

That's the other thing. This kid looks good to me. Of course the local prodigy is what people may want but he looks like a very good QB that we can build around. Maybe his sister or aunt or whoever it was earlier this year was onto something? Either way great win. 

Love it for the kids too. They grind 52 weeks a year. Go have fun on a Saturday night in Bloomington as the temps near 70 and be told what a great job they did. They need to hear that stuff.

• Like 2

Just now, Seeking6 said:

That's the other thing. This kid looks good to me. Of course the local prodigy is what people may want but he looks like a very good QB that we can build around. Maybe his sister or aunt or whoever it was earlier this year was onto something? Either way great win. 

Love it for the kids too. They grind 52 weeks a year. Go have fun on a Saturday night in Bloomington as the temps near 70 and be told what a great job they did. They need to hear that stuff.

Aaron Casey gets drinks bought for him all night. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I like Tayven’s talent alot.  He’s got his family and a golden boy aura about him.  I think his talent and upside are superior.  He looks the part.  I am not going to bash the kid but he’s got to look in the mirror terms of makeup and toughness.  I don’t want to elaborate but I saw a couple of concerning things on the field.  It doesn’t matter what I say or if he’s our favorite or a golden child.  Sports is about proving it and that’s up to him.  I love the potential but the next step is his.  In the meantime, Sorbsy is easily the right choice.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I like Tayven’s talent alot.  He’s got his family and a golden boy aura about him.  I think his talent and upside are superior.  He looks the part.  I am not going to bash the kid but he’s got to look in the mirror terms of makeup and toughness.  I don’t want to elaborate but I saw a couple of concerning things on the field.  It doesn’t matter what I say or if he’s our favorite or a golden child.  Sports is about proving it and that’s up to him.  I love the potential but the next step is his.  In the meantime, Sorbsy is easily the right choice.  

All day long. If P5 teams don't have 2 QB's they are navigating the Titanic. You HAVE to have 2 guys given injuries,etc....

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

All day long. If P5 teams don't have 2 QB's they are navigating the Titanic. You HAVE to have 2 guys given injuries,etc....

And I’m intrigued by Lowry.  All we saw was the 4th down play a few weeks ago but he threw a strike in stride.  He’s supposedly a tough and savvy kid.  Just a true freshman.  Carpenter looks like a good one on deck.  

• Like 1

Happy for the win and for the team to have it. That said, Wisconsin sucks. I suppose, again, too bad we aren't in the West. But reality is we aren't. Too bad we couldn't find a win somewhere else since Akron. Then you wouldn't have to run the table. On or two more wins will be enough to keep Allen on the sidelines (if there ever was any doubt).

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

I won't be one of those guys that cheers for IU to lose just because of Allen. Who wants to go into the locker room and tell Aaron Casey that he doesn't deserve a Bowl game? Or Donovan McCulley. Those guys are all Hoosiers, and they wear the Cream and Crimson and I'll cheer for them every game.

That’s right.  It’s not like the pros where you get a draft pick.  You always want to win.  Even if there were to be a coaching change you want some positive things to build on to make the transition better. Some fans are so clueless and don’t understand team dynamics.  

8 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

Happy for the win and for the team to have it. That said, Wisconsin sucks. I suppose, again, too bad we aren't in the West. But reality is we aren't. Too bad we couldn't find a win somewhere else since Akron. Then you wouldn't have to run the table. On or two more wins will be enough to keep Allen on the sidelines (if there ever was any doubt).

Well we get a chance to play two more teams from the West 

• Like 1