Louisville Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

You're point was that we're 3-1 and the record is all that matters come Selection Sunday. 

That point is completely wrong. I did not only zero in on margin of victory, that was you. 

I said there are a myriad of things they look at and it goes much deeper than overall record. 

” Indiana is a mess.” Here an excellent article by Eammon Brennan pointing out what you’ve been saying.

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

” Indiana is a mess.” Here an excellent article by Eammon Brennan pointing out what you’ve been saying.

His first point was interesting, comparing full season shot charts of IU and UConn.  Shows Iu taking a lot of mid-range shots while UConn focuses on around the rim and 3 pointers, with very little mid-range.

The rest of the article was behind a pay wall for me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

His first point was interesting, comparing full season shot charts of IU and UConn.  Shows Iu taking a lot of mid-range shots while UConn focuses on around the rim and 3 pointers, with very little mid-range.

Yup…you’re right. Maybe someone has the ability to see the rest of article. I missed that…I was intrigued by the first point and he brings up numbers. 

38 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If I had a guess I imagine the Eammon would talk about about how many shots were attributed to assists. Yesterday against Indiana 19 of their 25 made field goals were from assists. During there other 3 games their assist to field goal ratio was  20/29 , 24/38  and 15/32. 

When the ball goes into the paint both Ware and Malik have the ability to pass out of the post to the open man but I've seen the ball die in the hands Galloway, Mgbako and to a somewhat lesser extent to XJ if a driving lane isn't open. It feels like once the initial pass is made the player doesn't really know where to instinctually make the next pass and allowing the defense to adjust. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier

3 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

He’s right we’re a mess of sorts. Also having shooters who can make open shots help with a shot chart. We’re not competent there at all beyond the arc. I think a large portion is we don’t run an offense that generates “open looks” from three. Seems like we come off of one screen or a pull up at the end of the clock. 
For the life of me I couldnt figure out why we don’t try to get out in transition more, but it’s because our defense is subpar, our rebounding is atrocious, and we never get the opportunity. Our offense is what it would look like last year without TJD and JHS basically. I’m interested to see what adjustments are made. But I just don’t think I will see anything different offensively than what we have seen. 
Watched a lot of basketball so far this year, and I feel like we are way behind on some basic fundamentals. Also our help defense and how we dig on the ball and are late to recover is straight up the worst I’ve seen all year. We have the talent and athleticism, but we don’t have the shooters. Like someone said earlier, if we make 7-8 threes a game we will be in any game. Cant get outscored by 30 points a game from deep and expect to win. 
I haven’t posted all year yet, as I’ve been giving the team a chance before I was being pretty critical. After losing half my hair and breaking a remote. It’s time. lol