Potential HC Candidates

KDB

8 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

i am going to ask a real annoying question, what page can I find where the final candidates are currently coaching at so i can begin to put names to faces(I know who Mike Hart is at least lol).  Last names unfortunately don't help me on the CFB side of things lol

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2023/11/26/indiana-hoosiers-football-tom-allen-fired-iu-coaching-candidates-justin-frye-antwaan-randle-el/71678895007/

Pics and info about Chryst and Candle are in this article.

• Like 1

My opinion, no matter who is picked we will have a few days of bellyaching.  Then people will come along with facts and stats that show why whomever we picked is actually a pretty good fit.  Everyone will get on board and we will all be good until the first perceived mistake or loss.  

• Like 2

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

My opinion, no matter who is picked we will have a few days of bellyaching.  Then people will come along with facts and stats that show why whomever we picked is actually a pretty good fit.  Everyone will get on board and we will all be good until the first perceived mistake or loss.  

Yes, some people do operate this way. 

44 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I actually like Hart as a candidate. Young, energetic, relatable. Been around good programs. 

A bit riskier than say Chryst or Candle. But also more upside imo.

40 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

100%.

A man that has been here, knows exactly what we have and says "yes please".

That carries weight.

I am starting to get on the Hart train for these reasons. Mainly the guy has been on staff before so he knows what he's getting into and probably knows what needs corrected. It'll be interesting to see what was impressive about his staff too. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

i havent seen that play out yet 😂

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

seen-it-marty.gif.52f28c97005d0bb384e2888780d62b45.gif

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I'll be mad if they hire Hart because they were "impressed" with the staff he said he'd bring in. Tom Allen really sold the guys he brought in too. They made Charlten Warren out to be some recruiting savior. Hire Candle. The track record looks fine.

I like how far you have fallen. the next coach needs to be this and that to..... "looks fine."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am not anti-Mike Hart. I just want to make sure that complete due diligence is done and that all candidates are given a fair and equal shot to present themselves. 

Hart may end being the best candidate we have. If so, I will completely endorse him. However, until they name him or anyone as hc, I'm going to keep open to all possibilities, far fetched or not.

• Like 3