Potential HC Candidates

KDB

13 hours ago, cthomas said:

Life changing money to me but not much more than pocket change to billionaires.

So here is a thought I have had about that very thing.  If you were an outside the box thinker at the AD, it would almost be in your best interest to offer a deal like the following to several of your large donors.  We are about to embark on a large building spree for say football.  We would normally be coming to you looking for a large donation to help fund that for naming rights.  However, in lieu of that, we would like to request a $100,000 donation to the school for naming rights and then the type of donation that got made to put the Simon-Skjodt name on Assembly Hall instead be made to Hoosiers For Good.

You want a huge NIL endowment that you can invest and then you supplement all the year to year NIL donations with 75% of the gains from the endowment each year.

For instance, say you are able to cobble together an initial endowment of $100 million.  At a usually modest return of 7% you are now sitting on $107 million.  Fund the next year's NIL with $5.25 million and you still have $101.75 million left over.  A 7% gain on that would yield $7,122,500 in gains.  Take 75% of that and you have $5.34 million to plug into NIL and your endowment has grown to $103,530,625.

You wouldn't be competing with the Ohio State's in football right off the bat but that money would continue to grow until you were.  It also keeps you from having to constantly fundraise for NIL with those high dollar people and they get their name on a building to boot.

• Like 1

Way back on page 1 I posted his bio from JMU.  He became 1A for me without knowing anything about his systems.  His age doesn't bother me and he has won wherever he has been.  He's been a successful HC unlike a couple of other guys mentioned throughout the thread.  There is no baggage like 2 other guys.  If IU can actually land him this to me is about as close to a home run as IU football can realistically expect to make.  Let's get this done!!

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

"My sub committee recommended I punt" 😂😂😂

I liked this interview. I think CC conveys himself well. It appears he has a chip on his shoulder.  

I really was impressed by his attitude. His straight talk about the committees/NCAA was great. He has no problem fighting for the underdog....which is what IU needs, since we are essentially the underdog of the big ten.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I really was impressed by his attitude. His straight talk about the committees/NCAA was great. He has no problem fighting for the underdog....which is what IU needs, since we are essentially the underdog of the big ten.

I kind of got that sense too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I kind of got that sense too. 

I had him on my "list" but below Candle/Herman. After digging into some of these interviews and doing more research, I think I would have him and Herman 1A/1B. I am really excited if they are able to sign him. I hope and expect Dolson to give him plenty of cash for his assistants, so he can bring in whoever he wants/needs to get the job done. Let's keep increasing the NIL to compete with the big boys and roll out the facility upgrade plan and finally get IU football out of the cellar.

I do think this would be the best hire IU has made since Hoeppner. Go Hoosiers!!

• Like 5