Potential HC Candidates

KDB

I want a lot of new staff. I don't want Brandon Shelby coaching CBs anymore. 12 years of blown coverages is enough for me.

Teegardin is the worst asst coach in the country.

Kevin Wrights TEs sucked.

Paul Randolph. 0 pass rush.

Rod Carey. I appreciate him. Stepped up every time. Wouldn't be upset if he were the Special Teams Coordinator. It seems like he'd be good.

Wilt. Nothing bad. Nothing good.

Tucker. WRs got better.

Johnson. Meh

Bostad-Wouldn't be upset to keep him.

Guerreri. Should never coach football again. 

7 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I want a lot of new staff. I don't want Brandon Shelby coaching CBs anymore. 12 years of blown coverages is enough for me.

Teegardin is the worst asst coach in the country.

Kevin Wrights TEs sucked.

Paul Randolph. 0 pass rush.

Rod Carey. I appreciate him. Stepped up every time. Wouldn't be upset if he were the Special Teams Coordinator. It seems like he'd be good.

Wilt. Nothing bad. Nothing good.

Tucker. WRs got better.

Johnson. Meh

Bostad-Wouldn't be upset to keep him.

Guerreri. Should never coach football again. 

Wouldn't surprise me to see him bring his entire staff with him.  JMU seems pretty well rounded.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see him bring his entire staff with him.  JMU seems pretty well rounded.

Looks like a lot of Indiana connections on the staff. 

He also has quite a reputation with QBs which should help with Sorsby, Tayven and Dexter

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

He might be 62 but he might coach here for 10 years? We don't know. His DC must be pretty good considering they only give up 79 yards a game rushing. Wow.

He definitely doesn't seem old. People are in much better shape than they used to be. 

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-key-figure-emerges-in-indiana-search

Edited by OGIUAndy

Curt Cignetti, who led James Madison to a national title-game appearance at James Madison in 2019 and has seamlessly guided the program's transition to the Football Bowls Subdivision level, has emerged as a top target at Indiana Universty.

The Hoosiers fired former coach Tom Allen last weekend after a dismal 3-9 season in which attendance plummeted and the team's offense was among the worst in Power-5 play.

While Indiana has talked to and vetted numerous candidates -- most notably, Jason Candle of Toledo among them -- it has this week zeroed its focus on Cignetti, a sitting head coach with 13 years' head coaching experience.

Sources familiar with the IU search told FootballScoop Wednesday evening that Indiana's leaders in the search had informed candidates that they "were prioritizing people with significant head-coaching experience."

Candle also has been a long-time head coach at Toledo; he's won 65 games in eight full seasons running the Rockets.

Cignetti had James Madison undefeated until a late-season upset-loss against Appalachian State, and his program also developed into a national storyline as it sought permission to both play in its conference championship game and receive bowl eligibility.

Typically not an issue for transitioning programs, JMU was bowl eligible a year ago in its first transitional season as an FBS program and climbed to No. 18 in the AP Top 25 this season before its loss to App State. 

Additionally, Cignetti has significant experience as a Power 5 assistant head coach, and he won a national championship as an assistant coach under Nick Saban at Alabama.

Cignetti has won six conference coach of the year honors in three different leagues.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-key-figure-emerges-in-indiana-search

Edited by IU247
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

If it is the cig, I wouldn’t expect a fast turn around. Don’t know if he is a well enough known character to instantly impact recruiting. You can only do so much with recruits that would be 3rd string on a lot of programs. 

but I do like the hire if true.

The Cignetti family is pretty well known in football circles.  That being said, time will tell.  I have a feeling he'll be like Woodson due to his age, he'll want to win now.

• Like 4