Potential HC Candidates

KDB

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Has won everywhere he has been 

take no crap attitude 

energy 

has seen the workings of a top program (Bama/Saban) 

been a recruiting coordinator 

competent teams in all phases (good staff)

1K WR what was a SO... 

Some DL with some eligibility left. We gotta get some dudes. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Has won everywhere he has been 

take no crap attitude 

energy 

has seen the workings of a top program (Bama/Saban) 

been a recruiting coordinator 

competent teams in all phases (good staff)

That is another great point. Despite being a head coach at smaller schools, he was a part and learned under Saban at Bama. His list of recruits was impressive, especially at QB with Rivers/Wilson.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HoosierFan997 said:

Also a 1,000+ yard WR as a SO… also noticed a DE/OLB with 15.5 sacks who I believe would have a year left 

I mentioned him. Couple of JMUs better guys were portalers, I like that. 

It does look like Green would have a year left. I am not sure on his pro prospects at this time, he might be better served going pro. 

7 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

That is another great point. Despite being a head coach at smaller schools, he was a part and learned under Saban at Bama. His list of recruits was impressive, especially at QB with Rivers/Wilson.

We obviously don’t know what happened in the interviews.  But if you met one guy who played hard to get and expressed concern about everything and the other guy expressed a “bring it on” attitude, we all know who we would be drawn to.  

No way to know, but I have a feeling that may be what we have seen with Cignetti versus other candidates.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

We obviously don’t know what happened in the interviews.  But if you met one guy who played hard to get and expressed concern about everything and the other guy expressed a “bring it on” attitude, we all know who we would be drawn to.  

No way to know, but I have a feeling that may be what we have seen with Cignetti versus other candidates.  

Most definitely agree with this. He took a head coaching job at Elon and was able to win there....he certainly seems like a person/coach who is not scared of a challenge. I liked his resume before watching that video of him with McAfee, but loved his demeanor and attitude on that. That was the clincher for me that he might just be the guy IU needs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, FritzIam4IU said:

Most definitely agree with this. He took a head coaching job at Elon and was able to win there....he certainly seems like a person/coach who is not scared of a challenge. I liked his resume before watching that video of him with McAfee, but loved his demeanor and attitude on that. That was the clincher for me that he might just be the guy IU needs.

I think the vast majority of us have been on the same page.  We might have talked about several guys, but Cignetti might have the best combination of attributes that fits our system.  From that McAfee interview, I could see him blowing us away.  

You mentioned Elon.  Also IUP. The turnarounds were swift.  He knows what he is doing.  The constant winning reminds of Kalen DeBoer’s resume. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I would have no problem with it if Cignetti didn’t invite back some of the IU guys who entered the portal.  If the film shows lack of discipline or not being a system fit, don’t let them come back. I think that would send a great message.  

I wouldn't cater to them whatsoever. If they want to be a part of the solution, here's your opportunity... you make it to Tuesday and you're still in the portal. ✌️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I have no info, but if I were to place bets I would say Cignetti to Duke and Candle to IU. 

The JMU QB is Jordan McCloud he's played at USF and Arizona prior to JMU. He does have a year left and he did have good stats this year for a 6'0 tall QB. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/4360890/jordan-mccloud

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, DC2345 said:

The JMU QB is Jordan McCloud he's played at USF and Arizona prior to JMU. He does have a year left and he did have good stats this year for a 6'0 tall QB. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/4360890/jordan-mccloud

What’s the latest you’re hearing?  Don’t want to put the cart before the horse.  

7 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

What’s the latest you’re hearing?  Don’t want to put the cart before the horse.  

I'm of the belief something crazy would have to happen for it to not be Cignetti by the time the days over. After that I don't know. I'm not sure if he's bringing his staff or any players. I'm just not sure on that stuff yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I'm of the belief something crazy would have to happen for it to not be Cignetti by the time the days over. After that I don't know. I'm not sure if he's bringing his staff or any players. I'm just not sure on that stuff yet. 

You think we announce today? If you're guessing, I have no problem with that. What's your guess?