Harvard Game Thread

Inequality

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

so... i won't say we stink for fear it would start many pages of debate.  i will say that this is far short of our expectations as IU bball fans.  you can tell me that Harvard is really good for an Ivy League team, but seriously... we are down at half vs Harvard.  we are favored by only 6.5 coming in.  this is not a team that is close to top 25.  oh how i long for the days when we were nationally relevant.  

I won’t argue against that. And I feel there’s enough talent on this team to be at least better so I sure hope we get there. If this team and its talent finishes say 7-8th in conference that is straight up a failure of a season.

• Like 2

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

I won’t argue against that. And I feel there’s enough talent on this team to be at least better so I sure hope we get there. If this team and its talent finishes say 7-8th in conference that is straight up a failure of a season.

this is what i'm saying.  i like the talent.  i want to say i like the recruiting, but it does make a lot of sense to say it is a poorly put together roster.  also makes no sense to bank a scholly.  dang, i hope we put it together.  coming into the season, i didn't understand how we could start three 5 stars with X and Galloway and not be close to ranked, but i guess i see now.  Woodson and others saying it is too much to expect MM to be a stud as a freshman, but most 5 stars are.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't think this team will ever learn how to play perimeter defense. One thing I don't understand about coaches not willing to change their philosophy to meet their players strengths. It is obvious these players has no clue how to play this defense.

strangely i find myself agreeing with you more and more Scott!