2025 F Brady Koehler

IndyResident16

6’8 sweet shooting lefty out of Cathedral High School. Asst Brian Walsh was in to see him last week. Holds a dozen+ mid-major offers but was recently offered by Wake Forest, school that produced Jake LaRavia who I think is a very fair comp.

Avg 20 points and shooting 50% from 3 for the 5-0 Irish. Plays on Spiece Indy Heat’s EBYL team and believe his recruitment will take off this summer. Comes from a big IU family.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 9:50 PM, IndyResident16 said:

6’8 sweet shooting lefty out of Cathedral High School. Asst Brian Walsh was in to see him last week. Holds a dozen+ mid-major offers but was recently offered by Wake Forest, school that produced Jake LaRavia who I think is a very fair comp.

Avg 20 points and shooting 50% from 3 for the 5-0 Irish. Plays on Spiece Indy Heat’s EBYL team and believe his recruitment will take off this summer. Comes from a big IU family.

Me no trust Cathedral but at least the kid is from an IU family so we have a fair shake at things.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Me no trust Cathedral but at least the kid is from an IU family so we have a fair shake at things.

Was told by a Cathedral fan that he has a brother currently at IU. Sat behind Jake Davis (Mercer) the last two years and shared a front court with Xavier Booker and Jaron Tibbs who are both P5 athletes. Was a lot more bouncier in person than what I’ve seen on highlight tapes. He’ll be a high major player somewhere.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 9:50 PM, IndyResident16 said:

Haven’t seen him yet but your description sounds like Scott Martin. 

• 5 months later...
18 hours ago, IndyResident16 said:

Koehler bumped to 4* status and now ranked 87th in the 247 composite (ranked 66th in 247 in-house rankings). I think an offer is imminent. 

I would think you have to have a backup for Sisley…or maybe even a 1A/1b situation. Considering the way the game is played…shooters of at all positions are a premium.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I would think you have to have a backup for Sisley…or maybe even a 1A/1b situation. Considering the way the game is played…shooters of at all positions are a premium.

Not even sure he’s a back up plan when all said and done. Obviously IU has put a ton of leg work in on Sisley to where it might seem like that, but Koehler honestly is just starting to scratch the surface. Was a seldom used varsity player as an underclassmen given all the talent in Cathedral’s front court older than him. Playing with the Indy Heat this year has really helped his exposure on the recruiting trail. Would not be surprised in the least if Koehler ends up the better collegiate player and beyond.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Not even sure he’s a back up plan when all said and done. Obviously IU has put a ton of leg work in on Sisley to where it might seem like that, but Koehler honestly is just starting to scratch the surface. Was a seldom used varsity player as an underclassmen given all the talent in Cathedral’s front court older than him. Playing with the Indy Heat this year has really helped his exposure on the recruiting trail. Would not be surprised in the least if Koehler ends up the better collegiate player and beyond.

I’m intrigued from the clips I’ve seen.  Very long, smooth lefty stroke a la Brian Evans.  Also has a very good handle for his height and can drive and use his length to shoot over guys.  Can’t comment on his defense or rebounding but he does seem to need to get stronger and grow into his length in terms of movement and quickness.  

Certainly not a guy I want to add to the list of in state guys who go elsewhere and make us look bad.  You can’t get everyone but as a school we’ve had 20 years of way too many mis-identifications of in-state priorities.  

Since you follow him, care to fill us in on whether he likes IU?  I don’t know if it’s myth or fact but his school and head coach don’t seem to send anyone to IU.  

EDIT.  Just remembered Armaan Franklin did start out at IU and was from Cathedral.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno

15 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’m intrigued from the clips I’ve seen.  Very long, smooth lefty stroke a la Brian Evans.  Also has a very good handle for his height and can drive and use his length to shoot over guys.  Can’t comment on his defense or rebounding but he does seem to need to get stronger and grow into his length in terms of movement and quickness.  

Certainly not a guy I want to add to the list of in state guys who go elsewhere and make us look bad.  You can’t get everyone but as a school we’ve had 20 years of way too many mis-identifications of in-state priorities.  

Since you follow him, care to fill us in on whether he likes IU?  I don’t know if it’s myth or fact but his school and head coach don’t seem to send anyone to IU.  

EDIT.  Just remembered Armaan Franklin did start out at IU and was from Cathedral.  

I have a daughter that cheers at Cathedral so saw him a few times this season, first time being the game against Carmel on the night I created this thread. He dominated that game.

From what I’ve gathered, he has an older brother that currently attends IU. Have heard he’s grown several inches since his freshman year and was a guard prior which could explain his good handle. Definitely needs to add strength but he’s athletic (more so than Sisley) and protects the rim well. P5 offers are starting to pour in so he’s probably not anywhere close to decision making mode. Maybe an IU offer accelerates that? 

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...