National Signing Day Thread

KDB

On 12/20/2023 at 8:28 AM, Steubenhoosier said:

Is Kamara any relation to Alvin?

I don’t know the answer but I’ve seen the name some other times in football, both pro and college.  

In any event, I didn’t get a chance to post it yet, but when I looked at JMU’s roster this guy jumped off the page as my favorite, along with a sophomore linebacker who was a tackling machine.  Carpenter at DT was incredibly productive too, albeit only at 282 lbs.  Bit light in the pants for a B1G down lineman but maybe he’s quick and relentless.  I think CCC loves him and he will know Haines’ system.  

Our defensive recruiting is going to take time IMO.  We need to get to a steady state where we have young guys fill out and then we let the next generation develop.  There’s no way that wouldn’t take 2-3 years.  

CCC says it’s all driven up front.  He’s ok playing zone on the back end.  He wants twitchy guys up front and he wants the front to rush the passer, stop the run and get TFL’s.  That will define the defense.  

Might take some patience.  As these guys show recruits what can be done, I think we can land guys over time hopefully starting in 2025.   But I suspect the defensive front will be a huge investment of our time going forward.  Can’t happen overnight.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno

Last post of my barrage.  I’m most interested to learn where we are going with our interior offensive line.  Love our tackles with Smith and Wettig with Barrett developing. 

But we lost our 3 interior guys (LG, C, RG).   Some names that come to mind are Bolticoff who we got last year from TCU; Max Longman who we got from UMass last year and had some injuries; and Bray Lynch who has been a developmental player who needs to get stronger.   We’ve got some other guys like Fiacable who has been here for awhile.  

Something tells me Bostad is not panicking.  We might start seeing more of “his guys.”   And he recruited four guys this year, although you have to figure they are a year or two away at a minimum.  

1 hour ago, Andy06 said:

We get it, you don't like the hire. You can't judge Cignetti on a recruiting class that was inherited and he had three weeks to adjust. 

He gets 5 free years before you can judge. I do like all the shit he is talking though for never have won a Big Ten game. Huge Balls, have to respect it.

• Like 2

On 12/21/2023 at 2:30 PM, Indykev said:

Seems like we can copy and paste no matter the head coach.

Meh.  I’m sick of rankings.  Especially when I see Purdue at the top of the MBB rankings AGAIN.  When is the last time they had a top ranked recruiting class?  Give me a team of guys that buy in and believe in the system any day, and give max effort.  Remember when we inked one of the “best” QBs in the nation out of Columbus?  What ever happened to that guy?  Certainly didn’t pan out like the “experts” predicted.

On 12/21/2023 at 11:01 PM, Indykev said:

He gets 5 free years before you can judge. I do like all the shit he is talking though for never have won a Big Ten game. Huge Balls, have to respect it.

I remember watching Coach Hoep’s introductory press conference and thinking the rose in the crystal bowl was a bit cheesy.  When he said IU was a “rocket ship”, I scoffed.  But he was so damn persistent that eventually even I became a believer.  Losing him set IU Football back immeasurably.  I see a little of Hoep’s attitude in CCC.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Muddy River said:

Meh.  I’m sick of rankings.  Especially when I see Purdue at the top of the MBB rankings AGAIN.  When is the last time they had a top ranked recruiting class?  Give me a team of guys that buy in and believe in the system any day, and give max effort.  Remember when we inked one of the “best” QBs in the nation out of Columbus?  What ever happened to that guy?  Certainly didn’t pan out like the “experts” predicted.

Is that you Sampson James?