National Signing Day Thread

KDB

10 minutes ago, Common Sense said:

I saw where one of the LBs for JMU shut down his recruitment.  Hopefully one is him and the other LB for JMU.  The DT Carpenter  is pretty staunch too.  

I'd take quite a few of them.  I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't get multiple JMU guys in that "7" he was talking about. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

Seems like we can copy and paste no matter the head coach.

I might be mistaken, but I believe IU, Michigan St. and Northwestern are the only schools going through a coaching change. That might **could** be a/the reason they're near the bottom.

I'm actually gonna go out on a limb and say that's exactly why IU is near the bottom. Time will tell if that trend continues with C3 and his staff.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I might be mistaken, but I believe IU, Michigan St. and Northwestern are the only schools going through a coaching change. That might **could** be a/the reason they're near the bottom.

I'm actually gonna go out on a limb and say that's exactly why IU is near the bottom. Time will tell if that trend continues with C3 and his staff.

Cignetti's strength is coaching and getting the most out of his players.  He probably doesn't need top recruiting classes to be successful with his system. That's why he wins and wins quickly. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Exactly. It takes time to build relationships in recruiting.  I would assume we'll be tilted heavier towards the transfer portal this year than most. Spring transfers will still be huge for Coach Cig's first team. We won't know our full recruiting class for months.

I read somewhere that we ranked fourth in the conference in the portal and 21st nationally.

Cignetti inherited the recruits from the prior staff and his JMU connections.  Yes, he pulled a high recruit in Cherry but that was a special circumstance.  Credit for pulling it off, though.   He said in one of his availabilities that it takes two years to build relationships with a high school recruit.  Wasn't realistic to change our score much from what the prior staff had committed. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

. Yes, OSU And UO are saying the same thing. "Boy we don't want to play IU, they are pissed about finishing last in recruiting again."      i get it, 2 weeks and all recruiting.

I couldn't care less what osu and uo are thinking.

I also don't care what the media thinks of the class

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 1