Merry Christmas guys!

DWB

Enjoy your Holidays gang! I swear though the 2 E's in Christmas Eve should be for emotional extortion. You can't change plans from a 2pm dinner to 7pm and not expect there to be the we can't do that.....and out of nowhere here comes the Grandma or SIL/BIL who is hosting saying well we need to do this,etc.....welp others have schedules too. 

Anyway. Stand your ground this week gang!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Enjoy your Holidays gang! I swear though the 2 E's in Christmas Eve should be for emotional extortion. You can't change plans from a 2pm dinner to 7pm and not expect there to be the we can't do that.....and out of nowhere here comes the Grandma or SIL/BIL who is hosting saying well we need to do this,etc.....welp others have schedules too. 

I took the easy way out of gifting for the extra people you don’t really know! Ordered complete Christmas Eve Dinner for everyone from the good BBQ place 18-24 people! Brisket, Ribs, Smoked Ham, Mac& Cheese, Mashed potatoes, Green Beans, Drunken Apples! They better not change the time or I’m going to have a bunch of leftovers!!

• Like 3

So I wanted to tell of a Christmas miracle that happened to me in about 1992 or so...

I was an air traffic controller stationed at Eglin AFB (Florida panhandle), working in the radar approach control...Over Christmas/New Years, we all agreed to either work 6 straight days, swings, or mids on one or the other so we could get a 6 day holiday break...

I got Christmas days that year, and on Christmas Day itself, I was sitting there with absolutely no traffic when I took a handoff from Tyndall AFB on a C-208 box hauler going east to west. Gave him the altimeter, then just watched him as he traversed. He was right in the vicinity of the city of Crestview when out of the blue he says, "Eglin, I'm going down!" I immediately marked the place on my scope and called the watch sup over. He's telling me "get the time remaining in fuel, souls on board" and all the other crap we were supposed to get when a plane declared an emergency. I told him "He's trying to land that f****** airplane. Go call the sheriff's department."

About that time I had a C-500 (business jet) call for departure off of Destin airport. I gave him his instructions, and when he got airborne, I asked him  if he could remain at 3,000 feet for a bit and fly over where the box hauler went down. He said sure...

He got up there by Crestview and said he didn't see anything, which made me glad as there was no smoke or fire...I told him he could go on his way, but he said, "I've got time to go back around and look again." So he did...Then he says "Yeah, I see him. He landed it on highway 85 and he's getting out of the plane now." Both the pilot and the plane escaped without a scratch...

So that's my miracle...and one of the of the best Christmas presents ever :)  

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Hope your holiday plans work out!!

• Like 2