Kennesaw State Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

15 hours ago, Inequality said:

Given what we’ve seen so far, maybe. But, it absolutely shouldn’t be. If IU intends on competing with the big boys of the nation and the gauntlet of the B1G, they better figure out how to compete with the hand they have delt themselves. 

These cupcake games should be easy dubs and used to polish, structure and get guys comfortable with the program and build chemistry with each other and the staff.

How can we have a conversation about winning a B1G title if we are content with “finding a way to win” vs Florida Gulf Coast, Wright State, Army and worried Kennesaw State might slap us around on our home floor.

I guess I’m of the minority expecting more from a program that was once the leader of the pack. I expect these guys to show up and kick the dog do do out of Kennesaw State.

I know we aren’t built well enough currently to win the B1G but we should still win decently vs cupcakes at home.

We’re on the same page!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUalum said:

I would like to see a more intense defence.  I think N Ala. missed a lot of open threes that made the d stats look a little better than the team played.  CMW said something about being at the shooter as they received the pass, seemed like there were many open corner 3s that did not fall (they hit around 30% for the game). In fairness, there were a lot of different rotations on the floor for the IU, especially in the second half.  Nonetheless, better communication on defence is a recurring theme.

I thought our defense in the first half was rather poor. Picked it up in the second half and that led to our win

• Like 1

Hoping for a locked in effort on both ends. Less wasted possessions and better defensive rotations. 

I'd like to see more fundamental decisions for shooting the ball. Example - Gunn and Banks squared up and not forcing shots helps the team. When they drive into defenders or take off balance garbage shots For no reason other than a lack of composure, its really just a turnover. 

Edited by Euroclydon
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2023 at 8:41 AM, IUFLA said:

Full game against their only P6 opponent, Florida State (5-5)...It was the Seminoles first game of the year, and KSU's 2nd...Demond Robinson is a man down low...

Thanks for sharing the full game replays of upcoming opponents. I agree with your statement that Robinson is a man down low. He has the ability to get Mailk and or Ware in foul trouble.

• Like 1

BTN+ and Peacock. I'd like to see the numbers on how many are watching games on those platforms.

I understand it's all about the money, but my guess is IU benefits more when more fans watch their games. I have zero interest in using either platform.

Trying to force fans to pay in order to see Kennesaw State at IU seems like a losing formula in the long run. But if fans go along with it now you can expect more games will be pay per view until most games will have to be purchased.

19 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

BTN+ and Peacock. I'd like to see the numbers on how many are watching games on those platforms.

I understand it's all about the money, but my guess is IU benefits more when more fans watch their games. I have zero interest in using either platform.

Trying to force fans to pay in order to see Kennesaw State at IU seems like a losing formula in the long run. But if fans go along with it now you can expect more games will be pay per view until most games will have to be purchased.

I have Peacock because my son has it but I won't get BTN+

2 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

I “stumbled” upon a free live stream on YouTube of the Michigan game. It may work for this game too

1 hour ago, bronkonagurski said:

Does one need to purchase a parking pass ahead of time for these games or can you just pay at the gate? Debating getting a ticket tomorrow. Haven't been to a game at Assembly Hall in over 20 years.

Try Chick McGee Flasher Parking 🅿️ 

results may very 

12 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

My thoughts exactly, especially since we’re on the road at Nebraska next week.

We’ll need to put our best foot forward at Nebraska! Solid Defense will test our two point efficiency. Really need to shoot it well and make some threes. Otherwise I feel like they’ll pack the paint and make us shoot. Could be a really long night. 

• Like 1