Kennesaw State Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

5 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

We’ll need to put our best foot forward at Nebraska! Solid Defense will test our two point efficiency. Really need to shoot it well and make some threes. Otherwise I feel like they’ll pack the paint and make us shoot. Could be a really long night. 

100%. We have to build on last weeks effort (like the last 50 minutes of basketball we played) in terms of how we run our offense or the Big Ten slate is going to be rough.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Does one need to purchase a parking pass ahead of time for these games or can you just pay at the gate? Debating getting a ticket tomorrow. Haven't been to a game at Assembly Hall in over 20 years.

Pro tip:  Park at the lot on 12th and Woodlawn and walk to the game.  It may be cold but you save money, get a little exercise, and avoid the 💩 show of leaving the lots.  They don’t ticket after 5 or on weekends.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/9Vp5i1EnqUSaEMST9?g_st=ic

More on Kennesaw St and tempo

"At 70.4 possessions per game, Indiana ranks in the top third of Division I schools when it comes to fastest tempos, per kenpom.com.

But the Hoosiers are plodders when compared to their Friday night opponent, Kennesaw State. The defending Atlantic Sun Conference tournament champs average 77.1 possessions, more than anyone in Division I."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

"At 70.4 possessions per game, Indiana ranks in the top third of Division I schools when it comes to fastest tempos, per kenpom.com.

But the Hoosiers are plodders when compared to their Friday night opponent, Kennesaw State. The defending Atlantic Sun Conference tournament champs average 77.1 possessions, more than anyone in Division I."

Would love to watch Indiana play above their possessions/game average. I have to believe the offense wants to run faster than what we have this year. 

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

KSU is 15th in the country in field goal attempts per game at 64.8. IU is 311th at 55.1. I expected this to be offset by FT attempts, but KSU is 8th at 26.8 and IU is 29th at 24.6. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

KSU is 15th in the country in field goal attempts per game at 64.8. IU is 311th at 55.1. I expected this to be offset by FT attempts, but KSU is 8th at 26.8 and IU is 29th at 24.6. 

Pace of play and offensive rebounding are parts of that. For as big as we play, we are a poor offensive rebounding team. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Pace of play and offensive rebounding are parts of that. For as big as we play, we are a poor offensive rebounding team. 

FGA is essentially just pace of play, offensive rebounds, turnovers, and free throws. IU is bad at offensive rebounding and gets to the line a lot, hence the low per game FGA.

• Like 1