• K. Ware
    • G. Cupps
    • CJ Gunn
    • K. Banks
    • A. Walker
    • P. Sparks
    • A. Leal

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/2024 at 05:50 AM

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

This board is funny.  We need an atta boy vote after wins.  Ware again totally dominates, while partially injured.  

Pumped with a huge atta boy to our hometown boy Leal.  Perseverance,  good attitude, and refusing to quit, while being a great teammate and student athlete.  Deserves a game ball.  Keep it up.  Now if Galloway could just never stink like that again, that would be great.  

It was discussed of having an "And 1" selection, but it didn't make the cut.

32 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

MVP doesn’t necessarily mean best player on the floor that night. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

🤷‍♂️either.  I always thought it was essentially who had the biggest impact on winning, ie most valuable.  Like last year a handful of times Trayce would have like 18, 14, 5 blocks but Tamar or some random finally hit 3 or 4 shots so there's a big debate.  No.  Really there isn't.  

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

MVP doesn’t necessarily mean best player on the floor that night. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

It does for me, when we're voting for each individual game. We're tracking the voting for each individual game.

The player who has the best game (offense, defense, hustle, making others play better, etc) is in the eye of the voter. We all have our opinions on who that is for each indv game. No one's opinion is better than than another persons. That's why we have a voting scoreboard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DWB said:

It does for me, when we're voting for each individual game. We're tracking the voting for each individual game.

The player who has the best game (offense, defense, hustle, making others play better, etc) is in the eye of the voter. We all have our opinions on who that is for each indv game. No one's opinion is better than than another persons. That's why we have a voting scoreboard.

Yeah, your last part is the purpose for my comment. 

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

🤷‍♂️either.  I always thought it was essentially who had the biggest impact on winning, ie most valuable.  Like last year a handful of times Trayce would have like 18, 14, 5 blocks but Tamar or some random finally hit 3 or 4 shots so there's a big debate.  No.  Really there isn't.  

You trying to debate me on why my opinionated vote is incorrect? 😂 I mean there are numerous scenarios for why the best player statistically may not have been the MVP. Not always clear who the best player statistically is anyway. I’d argue Leal’s 7 rebounds out of the guard position, off the bench no less, is more valuable than a 7 footer’s 10. I could also argue Leal hit some bigger, more difficult shots while not missing 5 FTs. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

I would say that over the course of the game, Ware was the MVP. However, Leal’s two 3 pointers early in the game set the tone for the entire game. I firmly believe that good shooting and the confidence it takes to make shots, is contagious. His ability to make those shots gave us a cushion that allowed guys to relax and make their own shots 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

You trying to debate me on why my opinionated vote is incorrect? 😂 I mean there are numerous scenarios for why the best player statistically may not have been the MVP. Not always clear who the best player statistically is anyway. I’d argue Leal’s 7 rebounds out of the guard position, off the bench no less, is more valuable than a 7 footer’s 10. I could also argue Leal hit some bigger, more difficult shots while not missing 5 FTs. 🤷🏻‍♂️

What is the definition of most valuable?  Would it not be, if this player is removed our chances of winning would be 0, 10, 25, 50 %?

Yesterday with Malik out.  If Ware didn't do what he did, 0% chance IU wins.  If Leal didn't do what he did, 25% chance IU wins.  In my idiotic opinion,  respectfully.  

I'm all ears if someone has a better way to put it.  

I never vote for a losing most valuable because they weren't valuable enough to win the thing.  To each their own on that one.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

What is the definition of most valuable?  Would it not be, if this player is removed our chances of winning would be 0, 10, 25, 50 %?

Yesterday with Malik out.  If Ware didn't do what he did, 0% chance IU wins.  If Leal didn't do what he did, 25% chance IU wins.  In my idiotic opinion,  respectfully.  

I'm all ears if someone has a better way to put it.  

I never vote for a losing most valuable because they weren't valuable enough to win the thing.  To each their own on that one.  

Meh, I mean you’re prob right, we don’t win without Ware, but we also don’t win without Leal. That’s all hypothetical anyway, we don’t really know bc it didn’t happen. We can play the what if game all day. We also prob don’t go down to the wire IF Ware doesn’t miss five FTs. Each person gets to vote on what stats they felt were most valuable. Agree on not voting when we lose. Btw, you’re wrong…. Look at the poll results. 😂🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 1