• G. Cupps
    • CJ Gunn
    • K. Banks
    • A. Walker
    • P. Sparks
    • A. Leal

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

this one is really sad, but Gunn

Could it be that a switch flipped for CJ?  He came in, knew that it was over which allowed his emotions to calm down and he simply started shooting like he is capable? If I am not mistaken, it looked like he wasn't jumping 40" off the floor to shoot last night. He saw a 6" openning and simply fired it up. And those shots looked butter!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Could it be that a switch flipped for CJ?  He came in, knew that it was over which allowed his emotions to calm down and he simply started shooting like he is capable? If I am not mistaken, it looked like he wasn't jumping 40" off the floor to shoot last night. He saw a 6" openning and simply fired it up. And those shots looked butter!

i mean i'd love to believe that, but i don't.  

• Like 2

I voted for Trey because he is clearly the spark plug of the O.  

Gunn is the kind of player that can rub me wrong, when the game is clearly lost then he starts scoring.  Why can’t he do that when the game is close or crunch time.  Have a few players in AAU when I coached that were like that.  When the pressures off then the scoring starts.

And Cupps played like ass to me so surprised anyone voted for him.  Thought it was his worst game as a Hoosier.

Edited by iuthruandthru

32 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

He has done that at the end of every blow out he has finished in.  He is a garbage time MVP as someone else said.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Partially fair. But for this game he was mostly positive during the PT he was given.

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Honestly, this is wrong thread for me.  I don't think the losers deserve to have an MVP pick.  You lost.  You all sucked collectively. 

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

yeah.  in hindsight i probably should have voted Galloway.  might have been Ware had he not sat so long?

Honestly, I refer back to what I said above.  When you lose, I don't think anyone should get to be the MVP.  Everybody sucked last night.

37 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Honestly, I refer back to what I said above.  When you lose, I don't think anyone should get to be the MVP.  Everybody sucked last night.

yeah.  i get that.  i just don't look at it like that.  i feel like people who don't vote because of a loss are kind of like pouting.  i like to stay consistent when things are going bad or things are going good.  i get the other side's viewpoint though.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

After some additional thought, I wanted to add to this. There are shots that go in for players, and then there are shots that are just perfect and look totally different. CJ's few shots yesterday just looked different. Set up, release, arc, where they hit the rim (or not). Does this mean that I think he was MVP, no I don't. But there was something different that I have never noticed before from him. 

Of course this also goes along the same lines (ish) of there are losses that a fan base can look at and say, we just ended up on the wrong side. And then there is the product on the floor this year for IU. It's a lot more than the record. The product sucks. Ok I think I'm gonna stop thinking about this now. Good night.

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier
  • Like 1