2024 Transfer Portal

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

Be careful what you wish for.  The programs currently kicking our ass take players like Cupps and make them good enough to compete by year 4.  We don't develop and run them off.  No continuity.  Cupps leaving would be a bad barometer IMO.

I'm fine with him getting about 10-12 mins a game next year.  Probably should have gotten about 6 a game this year on a competitive high major.  

I was hoping he was going to be a better version of Jordy Hulls.  That was kinda what he was billed.  Yeah right.  How on earth did that kid win Ohio player of the year as a junior?  Does that state not produce?

Also Cupp’s dad is one of the most respected coaches in Ohio and would be very concerned with the culture of the program in which his son plays.  His Centerville program is known as one of the most fundamentally sound and solid programs that there is. 
This year would have to be a major change for Gabe. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm fine with him getting about 10-12 mins a game next year.  Probably should have gotten about 6 a game this year on a competitive high major.  

I was hoping he was going to be a better version of Jordy Hulls.  That was kinda what he was billed.  Yeah right.  How on earth did that kid win Ohio player of the year as a junior?  Does that state not produce?

It’s called hype. And that’s all a lot of these kids are today. 

10 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Not saying it won’t happen, but it’s not out there anywhere. 

Ok, thats what i thought. I looked and couldnt find it. Like you, not saying he is for sure staying, but right after the game would be a lil quick. 

I think the chips will start to fall come Monday. (Opinion, not sourced at all)

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Interesting.  That state produced Bobby Knight.   

6 hours ago, ForHumanity said:

Keeping Woody would do more harm to the program than buying out his contract.

The program will lose far more $.

Unfortunately QB and certain boosters like Woodson so they don’t care. 

7 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Part of his issues were the system. Some of it was that he just wasn’t ready for B1G basketball. He wasn’t viewed by anyone as a guy that should be playing as a freshman. 

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

best player in the portal right now....no IU

More than half of those teams will be in the NCAAT, some are still playing in their conference tournament. But IU won’t accept an NIT bid to “focus on the portal”. Total BS. Real programs can do both. 
If I’m a shooting guard, there are a dozen teams on that list I’d consider before looking at IU. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The portal is quickly destroying the game.

The idea Malik would be unsure.on whether to stay or transfer because they had a bad season is insane. 

If you are getting that much playing time and that many shots, what more can you ask for? Stop fouling like it's q requirement and you get more of both. He was literally one of the top two options in every game.

Stop whining, work on your game and lead the team next year. Or transfer to a team that is wining more but you get a smaller role. Makes perfect sense. Kids should be looking at IU right now and seeing all kinds of opportunities with few standing in their way.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

The portal is quickly destroying the game.

The idea Malik would be unsure.on whether to stay or transfer because they had a bad season is insane. 

If you are getting that much playing time and that many shots, what more can you ask for? Stop fouling like it's q requirement and you get more of both. He was literally one of the top two options in every game.

Stop whining, work on your game and lead the team next year. Or transfer to a team that is wining more but you get a smaller role. Makes perfect sense. Kids should be looking at IU right now and seeing all kinds of opportunities with few standing in their way.

Malik has no confidence in the system or teammates. The only player he trusted to pass to was Ware. He faces double and triple teams regularly, but his fighting through those was usually a higher percentage play than passing to a guard for a brick. Does he need to improve his game, yes, but he needs a much better supporting cast. So far, he sees Ware probably leaving and Gallo and Leal returning. Not encouraging 

• Like 2