2024 Transfer Portal

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Have McNeely or his family commented publicly on his decommit yet?

I haven't seen anything... Not saying it's not true, because I know numerous outlets reported it, it's just that usually the recruit puts something out himself... 

Honest question here....did McNeely decommit before or after it was announced that Woodson was coming back? Could it be possible he actually wanted to play for Woodson? And there would be a chance he'd re-commit? (highly unlikely I know, but just asking)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Have McNeely or his family commented publicly on his decommit yet?

I haven't seen anything... Not saying it's not true, because I know numerous outlets reported it, it's just that usually the recruit puts something out himself... 

He obviously isn't a TRUE FAN of incompetent Woodson and the garbage basketball we have to watch. Actually, neither am I!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DWB said:

Honest question here....did McNeely decommit before or after it was announced that Woodson was coming back? Could it be possible he actually wanted to play for Woodson? And there would be a chance he'd re-commit? (highly unlikely I know, but just asking)

The day after. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DWB said:

Yeah, I'd say unlikely at best... I just thought he would have posted something by now on X or Instagram... 

3 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Update from my mentor: He is very streaky…hot and cold. I think he is most successful as a volume guy. Not sure he can be very impactful if he is a 3rd option shooting 8 shots a game. He has as many 3-15 shooting game as he does 10-15 games. If you can live with the streaky results at the 8pt game to get the occasional 30pt game then it’s fine. He does a good job of creating shots and getting to the FT line most games. Also can’t guard his shadow. 

Snap shot of his stats.  Probably more highs than lows.  He was hot in Dec.   Avg 28.3 over 6 games.  

Screenshot_20240311_225741_Chrome.jpg

6 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

He seems like a class act kid.  I doubt he ever says anything about why.

Yeah, I'd expect nothing beyond the "exploring other options" line...

But we don't even have that yet... 

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

That's cool.  The stats say the same as your guy.  He definitely put up some stinkers in there.   Wonder if he wants to be the guy?  Likely.  

Which depending on who leaves here he may have to be the guy. If certain people stay he probably wouldn’t work out here. He also may be intimidated by Woodson discussing defense. Woodson may also not be interested because he doesn’t play/can’t play defense. I mean he is a Blackmon and not one of them was even close to good at defense

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

It doesn't matter. This staff is on borrowed time.

I sure wish that was the case but I don’t trust our administration. All it takes is a good year in the portal and making the tourney and then Buckner gets his way. If we sick we waited a year for no reason and will lose out on the 2025 guys 

23 hours ago, DWB said:

that dude was long gone. was hoping Woodson got fired then he could have used that as an excuse. , when iu leaked Woodson coming back. no reason for mcneely to wait. he's gone

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Not sure if you can confirm this. I recall a student athlete who is set to graduate within two semesters can enter the portal at anytime? So this would make communication with Slajchert permissible? Whereas, if he was Sophomore he can't enter the portal until March 18th?

Edited by SawatchHoosier

8 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Not sure if you can confirm this. I recall a student athlete who is set to graduate within two semesters can enter the portal at anytime? So this would make communication with Slajchert permissible? Whereas, if he was Sophomore he can't enter the portal until March 18th?

idk. it was more to show the portal had action.