2024 Transfer Portal

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

I don't think anyone has said don't post. Any info is fun to read. Right or wrong.

The problem is how the fans interpret the information and react to it. You saw the ground swell on the message boards and social media because everybody assumed it was true.

5 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

keep on posting. They have options. They can go somewhere else, or not read your posts, or take them as absolute. 

Thanks for your information.

FTR, never my intention to silence @DC2345 or anybody else on bringing nuggets to the board. 100% respect DC and appreciate his contributions - this is a fan forum after all. Doesn't mean I can't question the source - especially after what happened yesterday. 

• Like 3

Just now, IU Scott said:

The problem is how the fans interpret the information and react to it. You saw the ground swell on the message boards and social media because everybody assumed it was true.

Yes...I think the Ohio St game saved him. Dolson was jumping up and down fists in the air behind the bench. 

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I can say this with almost certainty. Woodson doesn't care what the roster looks like after next year. He's all in on winning next year.

I had to re-read this a few times and forgive me......it somewhat feels cryptic. lol

I read it as....

-     He is ALL IN on winning NEXT YEAR ('24-'25) because he has to prove                            everyone wrong.

-    He doesn't care what the roster looks like AFTER next year, ('25-'26),                              because he will retire and/or won't be here.... JMO

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

FTR, never my intention to silence @DC2345 or anybody else on bringing nuggets to the board. 100% respect DC and appreciate his contributions - this is a fan forum after all. Doesn't mean I can't question the source - especially after what happened yesterday. 

That's fair. Lots of people are questioning things today and few answers have been given to this point. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I can say this with almost certainty. Woodson doesn't care what the roster looks like after next year. He's all in on winning next year.

.....sooooo, what does your statement about Woodson not caring what the roster look like after next year really mean then? Is there something to this?🤔

6 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

.....sooooo, what does your statement about Woodson not caring what the roster look like after next year really mean then? Is there something to this?🤔

There are people that believe Woodson and Buckner plan on riding off into retirement together after next year and his approach to recruiting by living a dying with the portal tends to go along with that possibility. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

There are people that believe Woodson and Buckner plan on riding off into retirement together after next year and his approach to recruiting by living a dying with the portal tends to go along with that possibility. 

Seems very short sighted and selfish and NOT in the best interest of IU basketball like Woodson says he’s all about. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I took it to mean he knows he has to win next year to have a chance at a 5th.  That's just my interpretation of what he was saying.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I took it to mean he knows he has to win next year to have a chance at a 5th.  That's just my interpretation of what he was saying.  

.... Maybe part of the reasoning they are giving him another year is... Woody, Dolson, et al met and they agreed Woody gets 1 more ride, and he will retire forgoing some $$$ upon retirement. Gives IU a whole year to really dive into a new coach...? idk. im kinda sick. maybe causing some delusion.

3 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

.... Maybe part of the reasoning they are giving him another year is... Woody, Dolson, et al met and they agreed Woody gets 1 more ride, and he will retire forgoing some $$$ upon retirement. Gives IU a whole year to really dive into a new coach...? idk. im kinda sick. maybe causing some delusion.

It's not unreasonable, but who really knows.  

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Couple of Ohio schools want him and he doesn't like Woodson's system.  

I like Gabe, he was Mr. Basketball in Ohio his jr yr, and his dad's a solid coach, from what I've heard.  I wouldn't be surprised if he had offers to leave and seriously considers them; I'd be surprised if he and his dad didn't discuss X's and O's during this season.  I will be disappointed, though, because his hustle & energy (at the beginning of the season especially) are qualities that I like to see in an IU player. He was a great recruit PR-wise as well, posting about IU, etc.  I agree he's had too much on his plate this year w/ Xavier being injured.  (And that is another glaring hole in CMW's system - where's the backup, where's the long-term plan, where's the developing of players in case an injury happens, etc., imo.)

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

That is just the reality of the situation. I think he knows that if next year is bad there are no more years. 
Focusing on making next year as good as it can be also gives him a chance to gain some momentum. 

With all the talk about how teams struggle that rely too much on the portal, it would be pretty impressive to have a good year. 

With all the issues mentioned, this isn’t a concern to me. I look at it as taking one step at a time. 

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Tesla, making 100k, dating hot volleyball player, starting.  Please rank those in order of importance. 

Starting....the others take care of themselves plus Tesla's are overpriced pieces of crap. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

If true, I assume this has been shared with Dolson and the succession planning is underway? Makes sense as to why the admin would shoot down any rumors that we’re moving on at seasons end. Also gives Dolson plenty of time to lock down a replacement well in advance, while saving IU Woody’s $14M  buyout. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

If true, I assume this has been shared with Dolson and the succession planning is underway? Makes sense as to why the admin would shoot down any rumors that we’re moving on at seasons end. Also gives Dolson plenty of time to lock down a replacement well in advance, while saving IU Woody’s $14M  buyout. 

Woodson will be here until he dies on the court.  He isn't being fired, retiring or any other reason.  He will be our coach until the day he doesn't want to.  Regardless of how the seasons play out.

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Sad 1