2024 Transfer Portal

53 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I can say this with almost certainty. Woodson doesn't care what the roster looks like after next year. He's all in on winning next year.

I could see a really great year or an absolute disaster, and probably little chance of anything in between.

• Like 1

Just need to layout my thoughts to get a grasp on our situation. Feel free to agree or disagree.

Best case scenario, we need 5 players from the portal?
Gallo
Leal - posisble graduation?
Sparks
Gunn - transfer?
Banks - transfer?

Renau
Ware - nba?
Newton - healthy?
Cupps
Mgbako - doubtful to NBA?
McNeely
open
open

*red = likely departure (gut feeling - no knowledge)
*yellow = possible departure/unable to play

Portal Needs (in order of importance) - my opinion
1. starting PG
2. shooting Guard/wing
3. back up 4/5
4. back up combo guard/ball handler
5. back up wing

Portal Needs (in order of importance) - what I think Woody will do 
1. Starting PG
2. Starting 5
3. back up 4
4. back up combo guard
5. leave it open (I intended this to be a joke, but it wouldn't surprise me)

Edited by tdhoosier

I think Gallo has already committed to stay (assuming he doesn't want  to enter the portal)

Leal probably wants to get on with his R/E career, BUT he could see some significant playing time next year based on our "holes" in the roster. So he "might" come back, but I doubt it.

Can't see Mac leaving just yet. He's a major part of the offense. 

I just hope McNeely doesn't change his mind and request a release.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Just need to layout my thoughts to get a grasp on our situation. Feel free to agree or disagree.

Gallo
Sparks
Gunn - transfer?
Banks - transfer?

Renau
Ware - nba?
Newton - healthy?
Cupps
McNeely
open
open

*red = likely departure

1. starting PG
2. shooting Guard/wing
3. back up 4/5
5. back up wing

1. Starting PG
2. Starting 5
3. back up 4
4. back up combo guard

More than that. Cupps is likely gone too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

How do we know that is actually the case

exactly. rumors up until yesterday totally contradicted today's "news". If today is true then yesterday's rumors become just that, and vice versa. The amount of head spinning from people that believe everything is kinda funny. but that is making them unhinged, which is annoying.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

if that's the case he isn't making a lateral move or up, so to speak. If he goes someone it would have to be down. no?

He is part of the problem currently, but dont get me wrong. He is almost part of the solution in the future. That's the expectations from a 3 star freshman.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I'm basing it all on my gut feeling, but I don't know why this would be the case. 

Cupps got an awful lot of minutes and will probably get a good amount next year too. I think he's more of a microwave bench player in D1 - I think he can play that role here. 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

I have no issue with that... him being here has made me question Walsh. 

I think he could be a very solid player as a junior or senior. He never should've been counted on to contribute this year but he was because of the roster. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

exactly. rumors up until yesterday totally contradicted today's "news". If today is true then yesterday's rumors become just that, and vice versa. The amount of head spinning from people that believe everything is kinda funny. but that is making them unhinged, which is annoying.

Sometimes if I didn't know better these so called insiders just post these rumors to mess with our fan base and get clicks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, tdhoosier said:

I'm basing it all on my gut feeling, but I don't know why this would be the case. 

Cupps got an awful lot of minutes and will probably get a good amount next year too. I think he's more of a microwave bench player in D1 - I think he can play that role here. 

Couple of Ohio schools want him and he doesn't like Woodson's system.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

Sometimes if I didn't know better these so called insiders just post these rumors to mess with our fan base and get clicks

We arent in agreeance here. there have been too many "insiders" here that have been ridiculed and disposed of. not on board with that.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Gallo
Sparks
Gunn - transfer?
Banks - transfer?

Renau
Ware - nba?
Newton - healthy?
Cupps
McNeely
open
open

*red = likely departure (gut feeling - no knowledge)

1. starting PG
2. shooting Guard/wing
3. back up 4/5
5. back up wing

1. Starting PG
2. Starting 5
3. back up 4
4. back up combo guard

Where is XJ?

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How do we know that is actually the case

Yeah after the last week some sources need to be named. I put where I was getting info out there this week.  To many swing and misses by the same guys.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

You're speaking in absolutes. Hope you're not basing that on the same sources who were completely wrong this past week.

All I'm saying right now is that there is a strong possibility that Cupps is gone because of the reasons that I just posted. You can choose to believe whatever you like.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

All I'm saying right now is that there is a strong possibility that Cupps is gone because of the reasons that I just posted. You can choose to believe whatever you like.  

keep on posting. They have options. They can go somewhere else, or not read your posts, or take them as absolute. 

Thanks for your information.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Yeah after the last week some sources need to be named. I put where I was getting info out there this week.  To many swing and misses by the same guys.

Might need to get better sources. The problem by the time the rumors get here it has went through 4 or 5 people.

Janitor over hears something tells his son.

Son goes to school and tells friends

Friends go home to tell their parents.

Parents tell insiders bthe info

It is the phone game

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Cupps just bought a new Tesla. Making close to 100k a month and dating a hot volleyball player. While starting at IU. He isn't going anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

keep on posting. They have options. They can go somewhere else, or not read your posts, or take them as absolute. 

Thanks for your information.

I don't think anyone has said don't post. Any info is fun to read. Right or wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Might need to get better sources. The problem by the time the rumors get here it has went through 4 or 5 people.

Janitor over hears something tells his son.

Son goes to school and tells friends

Friends go home to tell their parents.

Parents tell insiders bthe info

It is the phone game

I am hoping it's better than that. ...lol

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Since a lot of it was coming from the other board, I'm guessing it was the same sources that said we had Stevens in the bag and Billy Donovan was house shopping in Bloomington. BTB is the wild west. I appreciate Chris sharing info he is hearing, and to his credit he does try to caveat the info he's sharing, but many on that board take it like it's the gospel - speculation is echo'd so much that it eventually becomes perceived as fact....and then conclusions are made based on those false facts. Everything is whipped up into a frenzy over there....and it happens quickly.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Cupps just bought a new Tesla. Making close to 100k a month and dating a hot volleyball player. While starting at IU. He isn't going anywhere.

Tesla, making 100k, dating hot volleyball player, starting.  Please rank those in order of importance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4