2024 Transfer Portal

We need a reset on who is now being targeted.

A big seems to be priority as insurance and depth. Someone who can at least defend and rebound. Another shooter or just a scorer in general. A lock down defender could be useful. 

The portal will be closing so some of these guys need to make a decision before the doors are closed and they are on the outside looking in.

• Like 1

You know, if I was an Illini fan, I think I'd be on the verge of panicking...

2 holdovers from last year (Ty Rodgers and Dra Gibbs-Lawhorn) and this bunch incoming...

Illinois Fighting Illini
Incoming transfers

Carey Booth: A 6-foot-10, 203-pound forward from Notre Dame, Booth averaged 6.4 points and 4.3 rebounds per game as a freshman in 2023-24. 

Kylan Boswell: A 6-foot-2, 200-pound guard from Arizona, Boswell averaged 9.6 points and 3.6 assists per game as a sophomore in 2023-24. 

Tre White: A 6-foot-7 guard, White averaged 12.3 points and 5.9 rebounds per game as a sophomore at Louisville in 2023-24. 

Jake Davis: A 6-foot-6 wing, Davis averaged 9.0 points and 4.5 rebounds per game as a freshman at Mercer in 2023-24. 

Along with  freshmen 4 star Morez Johnson, and 3 star Jason Jakstys

They have 5 more spots, and one of their main targets, Northern Illinois F Xavier Amos just committed to Wisconsin...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

2 holdovers from last year (Ty Rodgers and Dra Gibbs-Lawhorn) and this bunch incoming...

Illinois Fighting Illini
Incoming transfers

Carey Booth: A 6-foot-10, 203-pound forward from Notre Dame, Booth averaged 6.4 points and 4.3 rebounds per game as a freshman in 2023-24. 

Kylan Boswell: A 6-foot-2, 200-pound guard from Arizona, Boswell averaged 9.6 points and 3.6 assists per game as a sophomore in 2023-24. 

Tre White: A 6-foot-7 guard, White averaged 12.3 points and 5.9 rebounds per game as a sophomore at Louisville in 2023-24. 

Jake Davis: A 6-foot-6 wing, Davis averaged 9.0 points and 4.5 rebounds per game as a freshman at Mercer in 2023-24. 

They have 5 more spots, and one of their main targets, Northern Illinois F Xavier Amos just committed to Wisconsin...

Here's 2 text messages today. I'm paraphrasing. First....Underwood is so good at the portal no big deal. Second... Underwood has had one player stay with him for 4 years under his tenure at Illinois....kids hate him. 

Here's what one of my more level headed Illini fans say. This is no way to have a program...but the ECUI crew will keep it going because Illinois hit S16 for first time in almost 2 decades.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's 2 text messages today. I'm paraphrasing. First....Underwood is so good at the portal no big deal. Second... Underwood has had one player stay with him for 4 years under his tenure at Illinois....kids hate him. 

Here's what one of my more level headed Illini fans say. This is no way to have a program...but the ECUI crew will keep it going because Illinois hit S16 for first time in almost 2 decades.

My Illini friend has IU and IL as the top 2 teams in the conference 

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

I don't think Illinois is even top 7 with the current roster...

I browse X occasionally, and both Illinois and Purdue fans use the line "yeah, but they have Woodson as their coach" when assessing the talent we've accumulated...

I remind them that Woody is 3-2 against Illinois and 3-3 against Purdue in his college coaching career...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

Eight players transferred from a fairly successful team.  Is it safe to say players hate coach Underwear after they see him up close for awhile?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I don't think Illinois is even top 7 with the current roster...

I browse X occasionally, and both Illinois and Purdue fans use the line "yeah, but they have Woodson as their coach" when assessing the talent we've accumulated...

I remind them that Woody is 3-2 against Illinois and 3-3 against Purdue in his college coaching career...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....you have to say things like that very quietly. Considering how far superior both programs are to ours. No way people know we have those records vs the top 2 teams in Big 10 last year or two.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I guess this is kinda good news for the Illini...

To me it seems procedural with the May 1st deadline. Guess we'll find out. I knew about Goode in December and Dainja in February. This one though has nobody talking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Can't stand this kid. I hope all the best for him in another conference

Never been a fan either...He's a crybaby and a punk...Remember how he preened about when he dunked on Trayce? Meanwhile, TJD was in the middle of scoring 35 in the rout in Champaign...

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

To me it seems procedural with the May 1st deadline. Guess we'll find out. I knew about Goode in December and Dainja in February. This one though has nobody talking.

I bet he could get a nice NIL bag from Underwood right now...He's definitely got leverage...

23 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Illinois Fighting Illini
Incoming transfers

Amos was not a top target. This was always going to be a big rebuild. Once Hawkins and TSJ decided to return last year, they went all in and added the 3 SR Xfers. This time they are adding more multi year guys so should be less turnover going forward. Of course that's all theoretical these days.

Pretty amazing that DGL is one of the guys staying! 🤣

9 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Eight players transferred from a fairly successful team.  Is it safe to say players hate coach Underwear after they see him up close for awhile?

Eight?

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I guess this is kinda good news for the Illini...

I do not expect Hawkins back. If he doesn't stay in the draft he may decide to play closer to home on the west coast or see what kind of big NIL $ he can get. Illinois does have a donor that will fund another year for him at UI, but you never know what's out on the open market. Good move to cover your bases.

• Thanks 1