2024 Transfer Portal

16 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

How confident are we that Goode is coming? For some reason I don’t feel good about this…we’ve been fooled by the portal before. Just a few days ago Essegian was a done deal, and look how that turned out.

We will find out more on Thursday during his visit.

PT vs team success and $ <--- guessing IU can put together a better NIL deal

#30 vs # 20 business school

Shrews vs IU family connections

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dgambill said:

Indeed. It’s short sighted money grab. Kids will have no legacy anymore…any connections to an Alma mater etc will be gone because you sold out your schools. Something to be said for staying 4 years and building a lasting legacy and connection to the school that you will carry the rest of your life.

This is why women’s basketball is soaring.  Not just Clark but all of women’s basketball.  Holmes at IU for so many years and Tyra before her.  Chloe staying and even with Syd transferring in and Scalia they built a home at IU.

Edited by iuthruandthru
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

This is why women’s basketball is soaring.  Not just Clark but all of women’s basketball.  Holmes at IU for so many years and Tyra before her.  Chloe staying and even with Syd transferring in and Scalia they built a home at IU.

you could be right, but i think we look at it in a vacuum and it's coincidental that IU WBB is becoming good, and Clarke came through as a generational talent at the same time. 

I dont think women's BBall is soaring because of the men's NIL

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ledies22 said:

you could be right, but i think we look at it in a vacuum and it's coincidental that IU WBB is becoming good, and Clarke came through as a generational talent at the same time. 

I dont think women's BBall is soaring because of the men's NIL

Agreed it’s not NIL but it is because they play as a team with less egos.  Even Clark assists like a bandit, not just scoring.  I think the team game is way more prevalent in Womens than men’s.  Heck, South Carolina had three girls over 6’3” and they played like a solid unit no matter who was on the court.  I think the men’s game needs more of that and men’s NIL recently is likely making it worse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

I only feel better about Goode than Essegian because of the big family connections to IU. His dad and uncle played FB at IU. His brother attends IU right now. His parents apparently have season tix for basketball. And most importantly he wants to attend a business grad school. 

But other than that I know nothing - I'm just sitting back and eating popcorn like the rest of us.  

Has he scheduled any visit beyond IU this Thursday and Friday?  That would indicate something...

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

I'm not the one to ask. i'm just sharing info I've seen in other places. My feelings should hold no weight. 

I'm the same.  Someone mentioned ND as competition but has he even scheduled a visit there?

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm the same.  Someone mentioned ND as competition but has he even scheduled a visit there?

Not that i've seen. On the Insiders podcast they were saying ND is a possibility because he'll get a lot of shots in Shrew's offense and they also have a great Business School. But they both seemed to think it's going to be IU.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Interesting wrinkle for potential grad transfers, especially those wanting to go through the draft process.

Might start to see some seniors throw their name in "just in case" only to pull back out.