2024 Transfer Portal

4 hours ago, Dawg Bawls said:

Already happening all the best players of these small rural schools are transferring to schools like Floyd Central... I get it... i would have to.. but schools like South Central and Crawford Cty will be plucked ... some schools have a planetarium, some schools have their planetarium in their backyards.

Back in the day you redrew the school district in Marion or got the parents a job near Lafayette Jeff 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Sucks having a level playing field, doesn't it Lil'Jimmy?

💯 hilarious watching shoe cheaters struggle a bit.  Sadly KU has figured it out. 

Who are the NIL leaders in basketball?

You guys have to be close 

2 hours ago, Threedom said:

Just a quick message of appreciation to Newton and Cupps.  They could have easily taken the portal route but seem genuinely engaged in bringing talent to IU.  Appreciate you guys and hope you ball out next season!  

I appreciate them staying as well, but I have a feeling that this coming year will be a learning year for them both. I hope they stick around the year after as well. 

• Like 3

I’m looking forward to seeing what Newton can provide us this year. You can’t bank on him being an impact player given he hasn’t played competitive basketball in 2 years at this point, but the potential is there. Hopefully we see some of that potential this year

12 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

I’m looking forward to seeing what Newton can provide us this year. You can’t bank on him being an impact player given he hasn’t played competitive basketball in 2 years at this point, but the potential is there. Hopefully we see some of that potential this year

I said at one point, it’d be funny…with all the talk about the portal and watch….Newton will be the second coming of Cade Cunningham or something. 😂

9 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I said at one point, it’d be funny…with all the talk about the portal and watch….Newton will be the second coming of Cade Cunningham or something. 😂

I wouldn’t be surprised honestly. I’ve been excited about him since he committed. Could be special

4 hours ago, Indykev said:

Duke has no team left. Who's asking why there?

Seven in the portal. Three retuning from an elite 8 team, including a senior walk-on. 

“Next season will be Duke head coach Jon Scheyer's first without a single player from the Mike Krzyzewski era. It's shaping up to be a make-or-break year for the Duke alum, who has succeeded in continuing Coach K's perennial recruiting dominance but has failed to reach a final four thus far.  Both of his teams have gone 27-9, with an ACC tournament championship in 2023, but Duke fans are obviously looking for something more.

https://sports.yahoo.com/duke-to-return-3-players-from-last-seasons-roster-after-7th-player-enters-transfer-portal-235512749.html

9 hours ago, 02Hoosier said:

... but can he shoot? 😄

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dawg Bawls said:

... but can he shoot? 😄

That IS the question, but...

What I saw when I watched him in high school (3 full games) was a kid who is a legit, no nonsense bulldog. Very tough and determined...He'll eventually be a lockdown defender, and he'll contribute to any team he plays on doing the little things that help you win...

He's definitely a slasher going to the rim, but he has some work to do before he's a real offensive threat...

If he ever DOES get that outside shot working, look out...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Indykev said:

Duke has no team left. Who's asking why there?

I honestly have no clue what's going on there. Can't be a $ thing. I know they have talent coming in but that many kids leaving makes me curious about Scheyer even more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Seven in the portal. Three retuning from an elite 8 team, including a senior walk-on. 

“Next season will be Duke head coach Jon Scheyer's first without a single player from the Mike Krzyzewski era. It's shaping up to be a make-or-break year for the Duke alum, who has succeeded in continuing Coach K's perennial recruiting dominance but has failed to reach a final four thus far.  Both of his teams have gone 27-9, with an ACC tournament championship in 2023, but Duke fans are obviously looking for something more.

https://sports.yahoo.com/duke-to-return-3-players-from-last-seasons-roster-after-7th-player-enters-transfer-portal-235512749.html

Toxic fan base.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Year 3 and they're "expecting more".  They do realize that it took K six whole years to make a FF, right?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I honestly have no clue what's going on there. Can't be a $ thing. I know they have talent coming in but that many kids leaving makes me curious about Scheyer even more.

Oh I'd say that's probably at least half of it. 

1 hour ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Anybody feel sorry for them? ☹️

I don't feel sorry for them, but I don't want to laugh at them too hard either. With the collection of talent we are gathering, I think the chance of us losing players in the next couple years has gone up by a good amount. They don't stick around one place for long anymore.

Edited by Tom White
  • Like 1