2024 Transfer Portal

39 minutes ago, btownqb said:

lol Goodman is suuuch a douche 

The last video of Goodman I saw, he was saying Mgbako wasn't a good shooter last year and Woodson should have gone all in for Andrej Stojakovic in the portal. Because the pieces won't fit without a shooter like that.

3P% 3PPG 3PP40
Player A 32.7% 3.3 5.8
Player B 32.7% 4.6 6.8
Player C 32.0% 4.3 6.8

Two of these three guys are on Indiana's roster next year. The other is Stojakovic.

Luke Good was 38.9% from three last year, on 4.1 attempts per game, 8.2 per 40 minutes. If he does commit, can't wait to see the goalposts move once again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

If he was worth a shit he would still be at purdue, right. I know, I know he was Painted over.

A guy who didn’t come back for his 6th year was painted over? lol the guy had his undergrad and masters. Sometimes it’s time to move on. 

On 4/5/2024 at 4:22 PM, Seeking6 said:

Knew he was headed that way for sure....but the real interesting one now is Goode. Been told all year he was gone but now seems to be some changes. Fun few more weeks to settle things out.

An update on the update. I was told in December he was leaving. Last couple of weeks had been some bumps but again there was a reason he walked on graduation night.

16 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

The 5 modern blue bloods.

Aim high young man.

I don’t know if you include Kentucky in that group any longer now that Calipari is gone, and with the mass exodus at Duke, we may be ready to fill the void, with the roster upgrades we’ve made this off-season.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

I don’t know if you include Kentucky in that group any longer now that Calipari is gone, and with the mass exodus at Duke, we may be ready to fill the void, with the roster upgrades we’ve made this off season.

Filthy disgusting inbreds though they may be, UK is a college basketball blue blood regardless of who is coaching. 

To really achieve "blue blood" status means you've achieved a level of success that even being "down" for over a decade doesn't take away the luster or the inherent potential of the program. 

Bama football is the perfect example. They went from 1992 to 2010 without a national championship and won only 5 bowl games in that span.  But, get the right coach in place and you're reestablished. 

To me, there's 7: UCLA, Kentucky, North Carolina, UConn, Duke, Indiana, Kansas.  Villanova is right on the cusp, and Louisville could be depending on how you feel about vacated titles.  The 2nd tier down has Michigan State, Syracuse, Arizona, Michigan, etc etc.  Prominent programs, but haven't quite hit Valhalla just yet. 

And yes....UConn is definitely the "new money" blue blood compared to the "old money" traditional programs.  But when you have more national titles than Kansas, Indiana and Duke.....you're in the club without question.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Filthy disgusting inbreds though they may be, UK is a college basketball blue blood regardless of who is coaching. 

To really achieve "blue blood" status means you've achieved a level of success that even being "down" for over a decade doesn't take away the luster or the inherent potential of the program. 

Bama football is the perfect example. They went from 1992 to 2010 without a national championship and won only 5 bowl games in that span.  But, get the right coach in place and you're reestablished. 

To me, there's 7: UCLA, Kentucky, North Carolina, UConn, Duke, Indiana, Kansas.  Villanova is right on the cusp, and Louisville could be depending on how you feel about vacated titles.  The 2nd tier down has Michigan State, Syracuse, Arizona, Michigan, etc etc.  Prominent programs, but haven't quite hit Valhalla just yet. 

And yes....UConn is definitely the "new money" blue blood compared to the "old money" traditional programs.  But when you have more national titles than Kansas, Indiana and Duke.....you're in the club without question.

I agree, but many would say we’re no longer a blue blood program, but for those doubters it sure looks like we’re poised to reclaim that status.

10 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

I agree, but many would say we’re no longer a blue blood program, but for those doubters it sure looks like we’re poised to reclaim that status.

The thing is.....it's really, really hard to lose such status completely.  The Vanderbilt family is still the freaking Vanderbilt family even though they may not be as top of mind for most people as they were 100 years ago. 

If someone wanted to say we weren't one of the top programs over the last 20 years....no problem.  That's defendable.  But we've had 5 national championships in 4 different decades.  That's a run of success over time that can't be taken away. 

Compare that with a program like San Francisco, which may have won back to back championships, but haven't done anything in 50 years since. 

• Like 2