2024 Transfer Portal

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

AJ Hoggard leaving Sparty. Just entered the portal. 

That’s not new is it? I thought I saw he wasn’t returning to MSU a week ago. Or is it just now official?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sorry gang. Maybe it was old news. I just saw it today. 

Officially announced today but apparently both parties knew all season he wouldn't return. 

“A.J. is looking to make a pro career,” Izzo said last week on Staudt on Sports on AM-730 in Lansing. “But he could go back to college; it wouldn’t be here. We have some younger guys and he has exhausted his (eligibility) and he’ll graduate. But I think he’d like to get into pro ball whether it be Europe, whether it be the G League. But nowadays everybody will look at college, too, depending on offers from different places.”

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Officially announced today but apparently both parties knew all season he wouldn't return. 

“A.J. is looking to make a pro career,” Izzo said last week on Staudt on Sports on AM-730 in Lansing. “But he could go back to college; it wouldn’t be here. We have some younger guys and he has exhausted his (eligibility) and he’ll graduate. But I think he’d like to get into pro ball whether it be Europe, whether it be the G League. But nowadays everybody will look at college, too, depending on offers from different places.”

He's not exhausted his eligibility if he's in the transfer portal, Tom...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Andrej Stojakovic, the "shooter" Goodman was certain we needed to get and so you'd think must be a transfer in high demand across the country, is staying in the Bay Area and has committed to Cal.

Well, now we’ve seen an Ohio State-Michigan, Auburn-Alabama and now a Stanford-Cal transfer.  Maybe we could land Caleb Furst as a transfer. 😂

11 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Andrej Stojakovic, the "shooter" Goodman was certain we needed to get and so you'd think must be a transfer in high demand across the country, is staying in the Bay Area and has committed to Cal.

Cal does have more NCAA Men's basketball championships than say...Purdue :) 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Seems like IU has done a better job retaining talent than most of their B10 brethren.  The only IU player I'd love to have back (not happening) is Ware.

Depending on who we get for our backup big, I would not mind having walker back. He gave us solid backup minutes. Of course we did not lose him to the portal.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Anthony Walker doesn’t have any eligibility left. 

I know, just saying he would be the only player that we may miss other than ware. 

EDIT: Everyone else has been upgraded.

Banks -> Tucker/Goode

XJ -> Rice

Gunn -> Carlyle

Ware -> Ballo not an upgrade

Sparks not replaced but did not contribute
Walker not replaced but was and would be a useful back big.

Edited by GaloisGroupe