2024 Transfer Portal

17 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I don't think Illinois is even top 7 with the current roster...

I browse X occasionally, and both Illinois and Purdue fans use the line "yeah, but they have Woodson as their coach" when assessing the talent we've accumulated...

I remind them that Woody is 3-2 against Illinois and 3-3 against Purdue in his college coaching career...

Do you post the video of TJD 😳too?

28 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Just for fun….can you find an NBA or college pundit who thinks CMW is a great coach?

Larry Brown just to name one...

Link

QUESTION: What makes Mike a good coach?

BROWN: “He’s a terrific human being. He’s knowledgeable as hell. I mean his grasp of the game is as good as any.

“You know, one thing, I never ever designated a top assistant, second assistant or third assistant. Because I always wanted to be able to recommend anybody on any staff.

“If anybody called me up and said, ‘Tell me what your coaches’ strengths are. Is he a defensive guy or an offensive guy?’ I always used to scratch my head, thinking, ‘This isn’t football.’

“I always liked the fact that I could tell people, ‘No, they’re just coaches. They can just coach.’

“But Woody, aside from being an unbelievable X and O guy, he’s got unbelievable people skills, which today I think is more important than Xs and Os.”

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Sounds like IU may be zeroing in on 2 in-state guys (possibly among other non-Indiana guys): Hemenway and Hatton. Gotta believe they are at least contacting other centers too, whether they can get any of them to visit or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TruestFan said:

Sounds like IU may be zeroing in on 2 in-state guys (possibly among other non-Indiana guys): Hemenway and Hatton. Gotta believe they are at least contacting other centers too, whether they can get any of them to visit or not.

Think it’s smart way we have utilized our money and the portal this offseason. Use big $$ to lure in top talent in the country then infuse local Indiana kids who might be willing to take lesser minutes for a nice payday and chance to play for their state university. I like it.

3 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Glad we missed out on this guy.

Yep…and whatever happened to that Dalton Connect 4 kid or whatever his name was. Thank god we didn’t throw any NIL money at him…would have been a huge waste having him with Ware last year.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yep…and whatever happened to that Dalton Connect 4 kid or whatever his name was. Thank god we didn’t throw any NIL money at him…would have been a huge waste having him with Ware last year.

Knecht had a huge year for Tennessee 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3