2024 Transfer Portal

Had to laugh. Wife is doing continuing education this week and one of the classes was on NIL. The instructor/attorney just said on video conference that the player cannot be contacted by anyone until he or she enters the portal.

Glad she had it on mute because I said yeah right buddy...join the real world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

27 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Lots of IU ❤️ 

Last 5 minutes is IU talk if anybody is interested. I think a few leaps are made, but entertaining none the less. The shocker out of that clip: apparently between Ballo, Rice and Carlyle the NIL spend is $3.3 million. Don't know how true that figure is, but that's what he claims. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Watching the podcast Sleeper Media yesterday and both of them made it sounded like Ballo and Carlyle was a lock.

Indy lawyer friend told me it is 

3.3 is a bargain 

in a couple years that’s one player 

honestly don’t know why you’d spend 700K on a 5 star freshman who has proven nothing if AJ Storr is basically the same price 

17 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Indy lawyer friend told me it is 

3.3 is a bargain 

in a couple years that’s one player 

honestly don’t know why you’d spend 700K on a 5 star freshman who has proven nothing if AJ Storr is basically the same price 

I don't think many teams are going to do this going forward precisely because of the situation you are describing. Why spend on the unknown. 

2 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I don't think many teams are going to do this going forward precisely because of the situation you are describing. Why spend on the unknown. 

Who would you rather have ?

Storr 900K

Gillis 300K

MM 800K

Tucker 700K

The way MM played down the stretch makes it interesting 🤔 

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

How do you remember that. 7 out of 10 have been IU targets over the last 8 years.

I only remember him because he was one of Archie’s priorities at one point, only to hop around schools and put up mediocre numbers. I looked up his stats and will give him credit that he has improved throughout his career, averaging 15 points 8 rebounds and 3 assists this season.

• Like 1