2024 Transfer Portal

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

NIL at Purdue changed when they lost Pack to Miami.  They got the alliance up to speed quickly after that happened. NIL was well funded before Edey won NPOY. 

And yes Gillis wants a bigger role. Good for him and I wish him the best. 

Whatever you want to believe 😂

You know, I don't agree that IU lives rent free in y'all's heads...you pay us to be there...chanting "IU Sucks!" 10 minutes before the most important Purdue game in almost half a century pretty much certifies that...

I don't remember exactly what I was thinking right before the 2002 NC games, but I can flat guarantee you Purdue wasn't any part of it...

And afterwards I damn sure wasn't cruising my rivals message boards trying to argue what a sensational year we'd had...

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’ve posted on this board longer than you have.

What's that got to do with anything? IU board, and I'm an IU fan...

11 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I can tell you before/during our NC game I didn’t give IU a second thought.

Yet minutes after the game, you broke your neck getting here to tell us what a great year you'd had, regardless of the loss...

On 4/8/2024 at 10:23 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

Gotta tip your cap to UConn.  They’re damn talented and were the better team. Hell of a season for my Boilers and it’s nice to get the tournament monkey off our back. Would’ve been nice to win but a hell of a run. 

On 4/8/2024 at 10:27 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

Runner-up banner actually. 

On 4/8/2024 at 10:31 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

Cool story lol.  Hell of a season and nothing wrong with a runner-up finish. 

On 4/8/2024 at 10:34 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

We literally were runners-up GTFO lol. 

Yeah, we're in that noggin alright...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Gillis was doing very well for himself NIL-wise and every Purdue fan has known since the year started that Morton and Gillis weren’t coming back to use their Covid year. Gillis wants to play more and will get that chance someplace else. That’s all it is lol. Purdue has yet to lose a current player because of NIL concerns. 

I'd say take a hard pass on that. Purdue stood by the kid after mistakes...and now he bolts? Seems to me something else is off. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'd say take a hard pass on that. Purdue stood by the kid after mistakes...and now he bolts? Seems to me something else is off. 

It’s literally nothing.  This was decided before the season even started.  Pretty obvious what kind of culture Painter has built where former players come back on the regular. Gillis and Morton will be part of that group moving forward and left on good terms.  Gillis got 5 years at Purdue but something is off because he’s not going to get 6? 

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

What's that got to do with anything? IU board, and I'm an IU fan...

Yet minutes after the game, you broke your neck getting here to tell us what a great year you'd had, regardless of the loss...

Yeah, we're in that noggin alright...

Cool?  I post on multiple boards of multiple fanbases.

Edited by Stlboiler23

20 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

It’s weird that Purdue has started to embrace over signing. That used to be just a sleazy tactic used by other teams. They even had a name for it…

I’m not 100% sure but it seemed like MP knew somebody besides the seniors was leaving.   
Never fully understood the “Creaning” issue….Big Ten basketball isn’t a club sport.  
Staying on the team with NIL and no scholarship for an in state kid isn’t that expensive