2024 Transfer Portal

6 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This is great. The only thing that makes me nervous is that he’s in remission from Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Missed the entire season before last year due to chemo treatments. Hopefully it’s 100% behind him. 

Mario Lemeuix won an NHL scoring title in 1992 while missing time and playing through Hodgkin’s radiation treatments….and both medical science and training techniques have come a long way since then. If the docs are giving him the all clear, I’d assume he’s full speed ahead. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Mario Lemeuix won an NHL scoring title in 1992 while missing time and playing through Hodgkin’s radiation treatments….and both medical science and training techniques have come a long way since then. If the docs are giving him the all clear, I’d assume he’s full speed ahead. 

Oh, I assume so and hope so as well 

16 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

With all the over signing going on at Purdue it's sad to see all these young men getting "Painted."

Gotta suck for Gillis only having an MBA & BS….i assume XJ is doctor?

I guess MP should be more like CMW and not even know if players are going through senior day or coming back 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

I guess MP should be more like CMW and not even know if players are going through senior day or coming back 

Look. I guess I'll say this as politely as possible. Your other comrade is ok..but the way you talk is amateur hour. Take a break or stop posting. I've never once thought about muting a person on a board but man....either step away from the board or the booze.

PS...speaking on the subject of academics. Every single kid I know at Carmel enters their freshman year at IU with at leat 18 credits....likely 24. Getting a BS and MBA inside of 5 years isn't some academic genius.

Good luck to you but I hope the other board members chooser to ignore.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Translation?

"IU SUCKS!" 

😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

This isn’t a Purdue board.  Go take a vacation.    This BS isn’t welcome here.  Have some self awareness.  

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

With all the over signing going on at Purdue it's sad to see all these young men getting "Painted."

you made the purdue guy go off the deep end!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Indykev
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This is great. The only thing that makes me nervous is that he’s in remission from Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Missed the entire season before last year due to chemo treatments. Hopefully it’s 100% behind him. 

4 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I had a family member with it 20+ years ago. I'll echo @Zlinedavid in saying that medical advances have improved outcomes a lot since then. They used to say you were cured after 5 years of remission. Don't know if that is still the case but if he has regained his strength and cardio, or once he does, I'd expect him to be 100%.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Look. I guess I'll say this as politely as possible. Your other comrade is ok..but the way you talk is amateur hour. Take a break or stop posting. I've never once thought about muting a person on a board but man....either step away from the board or the booze.

PS...speaking on the subject of academics. Every single kid I know at Carmel enters their freshman year at IU with at leat 18 credits....likely 24. Getting a BS and MBA inside of 5 years isn't some academic genius.

Good luck to you but I hope the other board members chooser to ignore.

Not only that, but let’s not pretend that basketball and football players’ academic experience is in any way relatable to your average student’s experience. So much extra help and so many more resources that an average student doesn’t have.

I’m generalizing for sure as there are plenty of athletes that move on into very successful non athletic professions,  but this is a weak message board argument.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

11 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

tom_crean_gif.gif

• Haha 5

45 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Translation:  Purdue knew who was leaving…nobody was Creaned 

IU is a great school  

So now that you still have to dump a player to get the whole recruiting class, what do you call it?

• Haha 1