2024 Transfer Portal

18 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It was. Who knows what the reason is for the departure. 

hate it for him.  love how hard he plays.  seems like a good thing for us as much as i hate to see it.  maybe he is getting "Creaned?"  remember when we used to call it that?  LOL.  anyway, i hope he is gone, but wish him the best.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DWB said:

Wonder if Lewis would take him back at Ball State?

In a second. 

“He walked in and we had a good conversation and he had a strong desire to play basketball at the highest level, and how am I going to sit there and talk him out of it,” Lewis told Kris Norton of WITZ radio in Jasper.  “I had that opportunity, I had the same dream that he had, I was very fortunate to be able to live that dream, and now he’s got that opportunity.

“I said, ‘if you want to play the highest level, you have an interest in Indiana, and if they have an interest in you, it doesn’t get any bigger than that dude.  You’ve gotta go do this.  Don’t overthink it.'”

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

In a second. 

“He walked in and we had a good conversation and he had a strong desire to play basketball at the highest level, and how am I going to sit there and talk him out of it,” Lewis told Kris Norton of WITZ radio in Jasper.  “I had that opportunity, I had the same dream that he had, I was very fortunate to be able to live that dream, and now he’s got that opportunity.

“I said, ‘if you want to play the highest level, you have an interest in Indiana, and if they have an interest in you, it doesn’t get any bigger than that dude.  You’ve gotta go do this.  Don’t overthink it.'”

Lewis showing some class.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

In a second. 

I feel bad for Sparks as well, and would love to see him back at Ball State. We went to a game a couple years ago and watched him play. I wish it would have worked for him at IU. He’s a good kid. And I like Mike Lewis.

Edited my comment to better reflect thread title. Also I don’t know the reason he’s leaving.

Edited by MrsStoller
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Gang....this is only coming from me. If this thread is for portal....can we keep it on portal. Not some backhanded, backdoor approach to slam our staff....there's a thread for that, right?

Edited my comment to better represent thread title. Thank you :) (Wasn’t my intent to slam staff, but merely state my opinion for reason behind portal decision, but I agree there’s another thread for that.)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Edited my comment to better represent thread title. Thank you :) (Wasn’t my intent to slam staff, but merely state my opinion for reason behind portal decision, but I agree there’s another thread for that.)

I think we posted at same time so it wasn't directly at you by any means. Just a general comment on all the threads. Season has been disappointing for sure but the decision has been made and we move forward....it just seems like whether it's a specific recruit or portal or any of the other threads the folks that hate our staff get in those threads as well. Again just my two cent opinion.

Back to the portal talk. Heard some guys talking today that the average portal cost right now for 3-4 starters is 7 figures.

What a world all of the adults have created. Geez.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Don’t think this is true. He just changed his profile to Indiana Basketball 2025

There was talk of it this morning and then Trilly added him to his list as well. Not saying it's a sure thing but there seems to be smoke

32 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

A lot of people knock Sparks for his limitations as a basketball player at the P5 level, but he always appeared to give effort and I didn't notice any negative attitude.

I completely applaud him for putting himself out there and attempting the jump up from BSU. Should he return there, or somewhere similar, I hope he does so with his head held high. He can thrive in the right environment and I'll be rooting for him. 

Well said. Same!