Minnesota Post Game Thread

KDB

For an operation that has historically stunk at Minnesota glad to see an easy win. 3 in a row and let's see what happens. Kudos to the kids. All the noise all the stuff and run these games.

Beat Izzo and his weak Sparty NET ranked 24th  team on Sunday and see what happens headed into next week. Shoot. We might get moved up to 95 by that time.

2 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

What’s crazy is if we win the lowest seed we can get is 7th and if Illinois beats Iowa we get 6 seed in Big Ten tourney. We definitely need to be on opposite side of Purdue to have a chance of them being upset. Keep winning and maybe we get invited to NIT lol.

I think we touched on the other thread but if we get 6 seed it would be winner of Michigan/Penn St, Northwestern, Illinois....not the worst path.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Shared the ball really well tonight. I’m going to miss Ware. 

Me too! I do think one thing Woodson has going for him is he can say look what I did with TJD and Ware and JHS and Mbako. might get him some transfer portal guys that are worthy,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iuthruandthru said:

Woodson just said “ Having X back has helped us a lot”

this is the 💩 that make a him lose the fanbase

I donno man. It’s weird. All I can hope is that he’s just trying to speak it into existence. We won in spite of XJ, and to some degree Gallo, not because of them. Gallo at least put forth max effort although some of his turnovers were just unbelievable. Hard to come away from this feeling like we won the game vs Minny crapping the bed at the most opportune time

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Shared the ball really well tonight. I’m going to miss Ware. 

Call me crazy but I think Ware coming back has the potential to drastically improve his draft stock. Dude needs 20lbs of muscle and improved post defense against NBA caliber players. What’s the pay raise for s guy who goes from 20-30th to top 5?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

I donno man. It’s weird. All I can hope is that he’s just trying to speak it into existence. We won in spite of XJ, and to some degree Gallo, not because of them. Gallo at least put forth max effort although some of his turnovers were just unbelievable. Hard to come away from this feeling like we won the game vs Minny crapping the bed at the most opportune time

9 turnovers between those two... ridiculous

4 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Call me crazy but I think Ware coming back has the potential to drastically improve his draft stock. Dude needs 20lbs of muscle and improved post defense against NBA caliber players. What’s the pay raise for s guy who goes from 20-30th to top 5?

He's not coming back. Getting drafted in the 1st round is a guaranteed contract.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

I hope he comes back to, be there are a lot of trainers around the NBA that can get 20 lbs on him.

Hard to understand how Minn shot so badly, they were just awful.  That said, the defense caused a bunch of contested shots and created a good many of those turnovers and turned them into points. Even we were getting turnovers earlier in the year, we would throw the ball away instead of getting a good fast break look. Tonight, there were still some unexplainable decisions, but the one positive I saw was the time Galloway laid the ball back to MM for a wide open three. Earlier in the year, Galloway would have tried to force that pass to  Leal cutting down the lane. This was growth. Happy for the guys. They seemed to enjoy playing. Great to see. Still don't want to see double bigs and forcing the ball inside next year. Hope we see a new direction.

Edited by MSHoosier
spelling
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

He's not coming back. Getting drafted in the 1st round is a guaranteed contract.

Kids fall in the draft all the time. Best case he goes 18th-20th if he impresses at the combine and in team interviews. If he bombs those then who knows. He’s also got a guaranteed contract to come back via NIL. That said, I wouldn’t bet against you in that assertion.