Michigan State Post Game Thread

KDB

56 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The perception of Indiana this season is going to require, at a minimum, three impressive wins, and I still say probably requires us to win the whole thing. 

Here's what we need.

15 plus point win in our 1st game, regardless of the opponent.

Beat Nebraska and look good doing it.

Beat Illinois.  We cannot afford Illinois to lose before they play us.  We need to have a W against them to have any shot if we lose Sunday.

Hope Northwestern (possible) or Wisconsin (highly unlikely) can beat Purdue for us.  Even if we beat the Illini, a 20+ point beatdown by the Boilers takes away all the brownie points earned earlier in the tournament.

A run to the Championship certainly helps, but it is not surefire ticket to the dance.

Yeah, but if we get to the championship game that’s seven Ws in a row, and probably gets us back in the conversation as a bubble team. We’ll see…one at a time.

14 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Yeah, but if we get to the championship game that’s seven Ws in a row, and probably gets us back in the conversation as a bubble team. We’ll see…one at a time.

yeah, let's first see if we can beat the two teams that we are 0-4 against this year losing by an average of 13.5 points.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

yeah, let's first see if we can beat the two teams that we are 0-4 against this year losing by an average of 13.5 points.

Nobody likes going up against a team you’ve already beaten twice! Odds start to turn.

22 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

The field will be set before the championship game tips off

14 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

The field will be set before the championship game tips off

Not always. I've seen a couple of instances where the "winner of game currently on" gets the at large bid.

But you're right. The vast majority of the time the field is set. Seems to me the championship game should be on a Saturday before Selection Sunday.

1 hour ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

If we get Penn State, XJ didn't play in either game, and Ace Baldwin had 22 and 23 against us... I understand a lot of people are down on X, and rightfully so in some instances, but he can defend... And I think Baldwin is made to order for him... 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

If we get Penn State, XJ didn't play in either game, and Ace Baldwin had 22 and 23 against us... I understand a lot of people are down on X, and rightfully so in some instances, but he can defend... And I think Baldwin is made to order for him... 

I agree his defense has been the thing we've missed most when he's out. Let's hope we can shake the Nittany Lion curse that's plagued us recently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

I agree his defense has been the thing we've missed most when he's out. Let's hope we can shake the Nittany Lion curse that's plagued us recently.

I just st watched the game at Happy Valley again...

Galloway had physical issues (foot) early, but gutted it out...Ware picked up his 4th foul 3 minutes into the 2nd half, and that gave Baldwin license to drive the lane whenever he felt like it... He'd either make a layup or get fouled...

We were 14-25 from the line and 3-15 from 3...

Really a game we pissed away...

BTW, that short ref that looks like Barbara Bush never gives us a favorable whistle... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1