Michigan State Post Game Thread

KDB

I would have been incensed if MSU won after being gifted two free points, but since that didn't happen I can say: what a thrilling game! I was on edge the whole second half. Just the way I like. Happy to see the boys pull it out, without Galloway who'd been so effective. Won that last sequence with defense and rebounding.

Edited by Maedhros
  • Like 2

For everyone at the beginning of the season that argued metrics don’t matter. We have the same record as MSU but they’re considered a lock and we have to run the table I would also argue that Woodson’s desire to have a full 2nd unit in the first half of the season was a result of this.

26F0E6AB-5967-4379-AAFD-39DAA985C22B.jpeg

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rev_AK said:

Can’t complain about 4 in a row. Hats off to the team and staff- would have been easy to throw in the towel 

If the players are unhappy with Woodson they don’t act like it in the court

Give the staff credit for great play calls toward the end and keeping them in it after they went down by 7 and playing with Galloway

• Like 6

Such a microcosm of our season. Phenomenal play and not. Up 16 with Trey on the court....and that 4 minute stretch at end of first half had me just going here we go...but glad to battle back.

Ware is just a beast...with the softest touch I've seen from a big in awhile. Great win and we keep coming. Even with all of the noise from our fans.

Good for the kids to go out that way. Who knows? If Illinois wins our path isn't that challenging next week.

We did all of that with I think 17 turnovers....and I'll say it once again. If Sparty is firmly in because of NET rankings and we continue to be 70 spot difference those rankings are worth as much as a newspaper subscription....and that comes from a guy who uses data all day everyday. 

Go Hoosiers!

• Like 9

Every win should help with recruiting even if the analytics killed us this year.   We need to win as much as possible to attract the next group.  

As for the guards, other than Galloway, no one will be devastated if anybody else leaves.  With what they are paid, there needs to be production.  Gotta have ROI.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

For everyone at the beginning of the season that argued metrics don’t matter. We have the same record as MSU but they’re considered a lock and we have to run the table I would also argue that Woodson’s desire to have a full 2nd unit in the first half of the season was a result of this.

26F0E6AB-5967-4379-AAFD-39DAA985C22B.jpeg

Which shows how easy the numbers can be manipulated.

Of course there are other threads for that. Really good win Hoosiers!

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Which shows how easy the numbers can be manipulated.

Of course there are other threads for that. Really good win Hoosiers!

The numbers weren't manipulated negatively with IU though. We simply weren't good. 

We didn't take care of our own business. Barely beat terrible teams and blown out by good ones. 

Not every win/loss is created equal. 

• Like 8