Michigan State Post Game Thread

KDB

Just now, BGleas said:

The numbers weren't manipulated negatively with IU though. We simply weren't good. 

We didn't take care of our own business. Barely beat terrible teams and blown out by good ones. 

Not every win/loss is created equal. 

Yeah the numbers were very predictive and reflective of how good we are.  That’s the problem, they were right.  

• Like 2

Just now, Hoosier4Life53 said:

We might have an outside chance for the tournament, if we win three in the BTT, and get to the championship game.  We’d finish 21-14 and that just might do it (wishful thinking)….at worst, we’re definitely in the NIT.

I think you might be correct

We are also playing the best we have all year and if Galloway comes back we will have our full roster which has t happened much this year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

We might have an outside chance for the tournament, if we win three in the BTT, and get to the championship game.  We’d finish 21-14 and that just might do it (wishful thinking)….at worst, we’re definitely in the NIT.

Would be amazing if it could happen.  Maybe the NET moves up dramatically by then.  

I believe the committee used to look at the final ten performance but no longer does.  That would have helped under your scenario.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

I dont think it's really possible, but for discussion sake it would probably require one of those wins to be against Purdue. 

17 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

If the players are unhappy with Woodson they don’t act like it in the court

Give the staff credit for great play calls toward the end and keeping them in it after they went down by 7 and playing with Galloway

To early to post this.  2 kids from Indiana are going through senior night with a year remaining. We all need to let it play out. We'll see next week.

• Like 2

I know the metrics don’t like us but if MSU is a lock we should be in the conversation 

Iowa, Osu, minny, Maryland, Msu all ranked ahead of us

People trying to make a case for OSU and Iowa.  2 weeks ago they acted like Minny had a chance

8-0 agaimst

that group 

35 spots behind OSu and 70 behind MSU

The net needs to be thrown out and not used.  Clearly broken

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

i am just to jaded anymore when it comes to IU basketball. I cannot enjoy wins. I also have zero response to losses. I just don't care.  I can only see the negative and the excuses and not the joy of the win. I know Scott will call me a bad fan and maybe I am now. Congrats on the win, I just don't care. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Is anyone listening to the senior speeches? CMW speaking now. Wanted to thank the “true fans”. Said it 3 times. “Let me say that again. I want to thank the ‘true fans’ “.

If the fans can rip him and say he should take it then he should be able to give us some shit too

I have no problem with it and actually like it. Sticking up for himself and the staff and his players 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

What would our NET be if we won 2 of 3 against Penn st Nebraska northwestern at home 

Our net would be good if we had blown out the crap teams in the noncon and did not have 4+ 15 point losses against good teams. Margin of victory has a lot of sway

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

What would our NET be if we won 2 of 3 against Penn st Nebraska northwestern at home 

depends....2 quad1 wins and guess a quad 3. a little better. go back a page and find the post about the net.